Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

lol on monday night after the Habs won there was this dude downtown with a Bruins jersey... it was crazy, there were hundreds of people circling him, then he started to run and all the Habs fans started to run behind him. It looked like one of those wildlife documentaries where a herd of an animal is running from something

lol on monday night after the Habs won there was this dude downtown with a Bruins jersey... it was crazy, there were hundreds of people circling him, then he started to run and all the Habs fans started to run behind him. It looked like one of those wildlife documentaries where a herd of an animal is running from something

ROTFLMAO!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

haha the dude was asking for it, right in the middle of Crescent too

btw im disgusted... i was watching SportsNet last night and they were showing "highlights" of all the canadian teams in the first round. Well, i know i should've expected this but in the ~2min of clips from the first round of all the canadian teams, for montreal all they showed was Ribeiro's and Kovalev's cheap plays and the goal Boston put on Theo right after the slash and 1 other ****ty goal Langdon put in on a deflection in game 6 and a check on Komisarek. Now Toronto (especially TO) and vancouver got like 95% of the highlights which included such GREAT goals as Lalimes 2 **** up misses in game 7 by Niewendike (however u spell it) and some half decent Vancouver goals. Now i know never to watch TSN, Sportsnet or the other great propaganda filled sports stations. F--- that, im watching the French station, this is starting to become a joke. Montreal had a great playoff, came back from 3-1 and they portray Montreal as a cheap team who won by luck but noooooooo Toronto's was much more exciting series against a team who had no will to win. Even Calgary gets the shaft here too.

Edited by bayrider

Round 2 starts tonight! Predictions anyone? Here's my picks:

EAST

#1 Tampa Bay vs. #7 Montreal - tampa in 6

#3 Philadelphia vs. #4 Toronto - toronto in 7

WEST

#1 Detroit vs. #6 Calgary - calgary in 7

#2 San Jose vs. #4 Colorado - san jose in 6

i missed out on round 1, but i'll try round 2:

EAST

#1 Tampa Bay vs. #7 Montreal - tampa in 6

#3 Philadelphia vs. #4 Toronto - philly in 6

WEST

#1 Detroit vs. #6 Calgary - detroit in 6

#2 San Jose vs. #4 Colorado - colorado in 7

90% of the time its not the coach, its the players. It's the players this time around. If the goalie doesnt stop the puck then you are not going to win. If the defense and forwards dont help out the goalie the team is not going to win. I was shocked that he was fired, but at the same time he should have done something different in order to get his team over the hump.

I hate how they glorify toronto soooo much on the sports stations. And why did they have to fire martin? Because Belfour beat Ottawa. Ottawa deftinetly outplayed toronto.

They didn't show that game, just the highlight, sad to see the wings lose :(

Though it also looks rough for the Avs, down 1-0 right now.

It was on ESPN2 or 1... I can't remember. I was switching back and forth between the two games.

It was on ESPN2 or 1... I can't remember. I was switching back and forth between the two games.

Hmm, maybe it was 1.. bah!

Well.. Avs down 2-0 lol

No, don't go, go Avs!

They can comeback..  :|

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! PP style!!!

3-1 sharks