Longhorn Systray Clock

A small bug, if I check the option "Show 0:xx when 12:xx" I get 00 no matter if its PM/AM, should be 00 only when its AM not PM.

I am not sure if that is a bug or intentional. That is how TClock light works too...and has been that way for a long time.

So any time expert want to step in and explain the purpose of 00:xx when 12:xx? Because I don't really understand it.

Karma's right, it should have 0:00 only between 23:00 and 1:00 (am).

I agree.

"Show 0:00 when it is 24:00" shall be the option.

At noon, 0:00 looks odd, even in 12 hrs mode.

I agree.

"Show 0:00 when it is 24:00" shall be the option.

At noon, 0:00 looks odd, even in 12 hrs mode.

I think I get what everyone is saying now sicne you said that. Not sure what all the other posts were about, but I guess they all pretty much mean the same thing. :$

Ok let me clarify a few things.

1. There are two modes for the clock: 12 hour and 24 hour.

2. When in 24 hour mode....12AM default to 0:xx.

3. When in 12 hour mode, you have the option to change 12:xx to 00:xx(this option does nothing when in 24 hour mode)

examples:

current time is 12:00am

- 24h mode: 0:00

- 12h mode: 12:00am

- 12h mode + 12->00: 00:00am

current time is 12:00pm

- 24h mode: 12:00

- 12h mode: 12:00pm

- 12h mode + 12->00: 00:00pm

So the only thing in question is: 12h mode with the 12:xx to 00:xx option. Should 12pm also change to 00:00pm?

You are right. So I fixed this bug in 1.50b.

I have also cleaned up LClock a bit to get ready for the new features, which has been pushed to 1.6x. Sorry guys, you won't see reminder/alarm in 1.5x.

But 1.5x is an important stepping stone for 1.6x. To see all th changes, check page 1.

Hey RCube,

I want to start off by saying,

thanks for this excellent software and thanks for the credit in v1.43a.

Now, I just tested version 1.50b and I think I found a bug.

It has to do with the "Animated Windows" in WinXP's "Visual Effects".

If you have "CalendarTransparency" set to "Off",

"Animated Windows" works fine,

but if you have it turned on, then "Animated Windows" does not work.

The only other program that I use to change XP's look is StyleXP,

But I don't think that would cause a problem, because it hasn't before.

Hey RCube,

I want to start off by saying,

thanks for this excellent software and thanks for the credit in v1.43a.

Now, I just tested version 1.50b and I think I found a bug.

It has to do with the "Animated Windows" in WinXP's "Visual Effects".

If you have "CalendarTransparency" set to "Off",

"Animated Windows" works fine,

but if you have it turned on, then "Animated Windows" does not work.

The only other program that I use to change XP's look is StyleXP,

But I don't think that would cause a problem, because it hasn't before.

Hehe it isn't really a bug. Just that MS's animate window function doesn't work right when Transparency is on. But only when doing the Slide/hide animation...it works fine when doing a different type of animation. So I turn off animation when transparency is on.

cool pics, the edit only works for the first 30 mins after you posted. After 30 mins you need to make a new pot.

Excellent job, RCube, you earned a small review in PC World Hungary's next issue. :yes: And I know just the right person who's gonna write that article... hm, Stacker? ;)

Excellent job, RCube, you earned a small review in PC World Hungary's next issue. :yes:  And I know just the right person who's gonna write that article... hm, Stacker?  ;)

A fascinating idea, Mr Richfielder!

I am extremely busy these days but I think PC World needs a good review about LClock.

I try my best.

On the other hand:

My free webspace is tiny and could be emptied so here is my LClock Ad Collection in a packed zipfile. They are the same as the ones linked here earlier.

Now they are collectibles. N.R.F.B!

:)

Stacker_LClock_ads.zip

Edited by Stacker

It's amazing to consider all the development that has been put into this. It went from a simple Longhorn clock emulator to a killer app. Yet, RCube, you still manage to keep it very simple and effective. Awesome work! Keep it up, now we're all looking forward the reminder/to-do feature :happy:

And here's my quick lclock mod :)

post-34-1092237274.jpg

Wow, PC World! I am honored. :D

I want to thank neowin for creating this great community! And I also need to thank all of you on neowin for using LClock. The truth is, without you guys LClock would still be version 1.0 and I would have finished DOOM3 by now. :p The LClock you see today is a product of users suggestions and some late hours. LClock is driven by its users. So keep using LClock and giving me suggestions, pointers and bug reports. Thank you guys again! :D