Longhorn Systray Clock

Yes comment:

Hmmm, sure there are some somewhat extreme feature requests like displaying full day name and the seconds...

Don't you think guys that displaying full day names would eat up precious screen space?

(to use triple high Taskbar just for this sounds a very awkward solution for me...)

On the seconds display, my personal opinion is that a continously counting seconds display is disctracting and kinda annoying but well, if one needs it bad...

And if it is suggestion time, here comes my one for today

(noticing that RCube focuses on the Reminder/Alarm feature these days):

What about recurring events?

Bills, family visits etc. repeating in every X days, weeks, months?

For a Reminder setting, I suggest an "Is it recurring?" checkbox and an optional subpart of controls where (ifChecked) users can set the repeating range, like

Remind me for this in every

- <weekDay_dropdown_list>

- <2-digit_serial_counter> day

- <1/2-digit_serial_counter> day of every <calendarUnit_dropdown_list>

Examples, respectively:

"Remind me for this in every Thursday"

"Remind me for this in every 11th day."

"Remind me for this in every 2nd day of every week."

"Remind me for this in every 23th day of every month."

Hope is it clear what I try to say...

:)

I don't know about seconds and displaying more info in the systray. That is really pushing into the TClock department. :p

And yes I am working on alarm/reminder right now...slowly... :p

But I already have a system that deals with recurring events in place...a copy of rainlendar.

So I have single, daily, weekly, monthly and annually. And they can be repeated as many times as needed with or without end date. And alarm/reminder have a time attached..so you get notified only when it is the right time.

BTW: LClock is listed in http://www.betanews.com now. :D

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1092761816/1

Yes comment:

Hmmm, sure there are some somewhat extreme feature requests like displaying full day name and the seconds...

Don't you think guys that displaying full day names would eat up precious screen space?

(to use triple high Taskbar just for this sounds a very awkward solution for me...)

On the seconds display, my personal opinion is that a continously counting seconds display is disctracting and kinda annoying but well, if one needs it bad...

And if it is suggestion time, here comes my one for today

(noticing that RCube focuses on the Reminder/Alarm feature these days):

What about recurring events?

Bills, family visits etc. repeating in every X days, weeks, months?

For a Reminder setting, I suggest an "Is it recurring?" checkbox and an optional subpart of controls where (ifChecked) users can set the repeating range, like

Remind me for this in every

- <weekDay_dropdown_list>

- <2-digit_serial_counter> day

- <1/2-digit_serial_counter> day of every <calendarUnit_dropdown_list>

Examples, respectively:

"Remind me for this in every Thursday"

"Remind me for this in every 11th day."

"Remind me for this in every 2nd day of every week."

"Remind me for this in every 23th day of every month."

Hope is it clear what I try to say...

Good idea. I second that. For now, I use the Microsoft Plus! Alarm Clock for reminders. When Rcube deides to implement, I might go towards Lclock as my default Clock/reminder system. How about those alarm makes some sounds (customizable by the user) when they go off, because I have some sounds that say like "Your electricity bill is due today!" and "Rise and Shine, Good Morning Jason" (my wakeup alarm).

Oh and I thought I'd share my Lclock pack with you guys, since you have been sharing yours with me (Y).

Here is what Lclock looks like on my system: :)

lclockss.jpg

Information about settings and configuration files for BOTH the calender and the clock is in the zip file :D

Download

well i like it when i just quickly look at my tray without even so much as a mouse move or button click when im working dually on computer and paperwork and sometimes i forget the date.

pluss my tray has plenty of room provided the month/day/year font is individually configurable from the hour/min/am.pm

the seconds i think would be a good for a stopwatch feature for timing or benchmarking something either on the computer or not, maybe hotkey configuration where the stopwatch replaces the clock display altogether, or maybe a timed shutdown/restart that when activated the clock is replaced by the countdown with the time being displayed for 2-3 seconds every 30 or 60 sec during the countdown.

the reason i im making these suggestions for Lclock is because out of the available clock apps around Lclock seems to be programmed much much better and i think Rcube would be the one to make it happen and make it correct, seems to me to be the best programmed Clock out there.

again they are jsut suggestions its not like im holding a gun to anyones head :whistle:

:devil:

post-34-1092798999.jpg

heres what it looks like at double rather than tripple task mighty nice fit with my skin i think

i havent made a clalander skins yet because i dont really know how to re-color the supplied images but i think i might jsut start taking the images from my WB skins and manipulating them

post-34-1092799202.jpg

Hi RCube,

Nice program & nice to see that some old commands in lcmenu.txt are still working :D ;

"Run..." 401

---------------------------

"Cascade Windows" 403

"Tile Windows Horizontally" 404

"Tile Windows Vertically" 405

"Minimize All Windows" 415

Is it possible to get these commands working?

"Lock Computer" "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" user32.dll,LockWorkStation

"Standby" "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

"Reboot" "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe" -r -t 00

"Shutdown" "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe" -s -t 00

Edited by Herby

Hi RCube,

Nice program & nice to see that some old commands in lcmenu.txt are still working :D ;

"Run..." 401

"Cascade Windows" 403

"Tile Windows Horizontally" 404

"Tile Windows Vertically" 405

"Minimize All Windows" 415

Is it possible to get these commands working?

"Lock Computer" "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" user32.dll,LockWorkStation

"Standby" "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

"Reboot" "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe" -r -t 00

"Shutdown" "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe" -s -t 00

Yeah that is what I'd like to see in future versions. I have some ides I would add to my right click menu like my system cleanup batch and the shutdown files, Herby mentioned.

These system shutdown etc menu command requests are a bit strange.

A datim applet has less to do with it imho.

Why not put the same commands (as shortcuts) in your Start menu?

Btw the Start menu usually sports such buttons anyway...

Am I the only one who feels a slight breeze of redundancy here?

u know i jsut had an idea, would it be possible, since u have calender support, to make a simple side bar? like nothign fancy just something that would have an analog clock, and well whatever u thought was good, lol. just a thought since this project has evolved so much since the begining...

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the day of the week to appear in the Bubble along with the date?

tia

Maybe you should check

- Start / Settings / Control Panel / Regional and Language Options applet:

- on Regional Options tab, click Customize button (Customize Regional Options dialog appears) then

- on Date tab, at Long Date Format, add dddd (4 lowercase d-s) in the string.

For example, to display Thursday, August 19, 2004 the Long date format string shall look as:

dddd, MMMM d, yyyy

Mix your own!

^^^ That has happened with every release, the easiest way to fix it is to unlock then lock the taskbar.

wow. nice app... there should be a skinnin forum lol...

anyway very very nice work with the app. definally beautiful work.

heres mine since everyone likes to post theirs :p

dont laugh im not a good skinner and my buttons suck!

if anyone wants to know im using the segoe UI font that ms uses for longhorn.

post-34-1093162923.jpg