Longhorn Systray Clock

Hello from beijing, china! :)

So 1.20a is out and comes with a control panel tool! It has fixes for none cleartype users too. But please uninstall old version and lclock.ini file before installing 1.20a. :) I won't beable to fix anything until I get back from china.

Jimmerz28, I don't have objectbar...but if it replaces your taskbar or modify it any way...then lclock will have a problem running.

Nope, I have no idea what's wrong with it, I haven't done anything to the default clock nor have I installed any special programs who could. :(

I need more info. You guys that are having problems can PM me. Tell me what OS(winxp pro, winxp home, etc) you are using, if you use any programs that change the shell in any way...just give me as much info as you can and I'll try my best to fix your problem whenever I get access to a machine. :)

RodrigoResende, you are having problem running the installer or LClock control panel tool? Oh please give more info too, like the error msg, etc.

Edited by RCube

haha I just installed LClock on this internet cafe machine in beijing running chinese winxp. Whoever use this machine next is going to get a nice little surprise. :p

When TrayServer.exe of Stardock ObjectBar is running, TClock Light or LClock2 fails to start.

Kill TrayServer.exe using task manager, then you can start LClock2.

RCube,

TrayServer.exe makes a window that class name is "Shell_TrayWnd".

Change common/util.c.

HWND GetTaskbarWindow(void)

{

/* 2nd parameter: NULL -> "" */

return FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", "");

}

When TrayServer.exe of Stardock ObjectBar is running, TClock Light or LClock2 fails to start.

Awesome, works! Strange though, I don't have ObjectBar installed, process is there though. :huh:

RCube,

TrayServer.exe makes a window that class name is "Shell_TrayWnd".

Change common/util.c.

HWND GetTaskbarWindow(void)

{

/* 2nd parameter: NULL -> "" */

return FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", "");

}

Sweet, thanx man! :)

I'll add the feature to detect "Shell_TrayWnd" when I get back from china.

This program is so nice. I love how there isn't any bloat. Who'd of thought to put a start menu on the clock? That's perfect for the minimalist, nice thinking!

Things to add:

• all font horizontal offsets (my AM is 1 px to far to the left and I am using Cleartype with default LClock settings)
  • ability to configure from clock (right click) not just from Control Panel.

Edited by Jstphish

Things to add:
  • all font horizontal offsets (my AM is 1 px to far to the left and I am using Cleartype with default LClock settings)

I've got the same problem, allowing for horizontal movement of each individial time element would help :D

would i be correct in saying this program simply changes the look of the clock in xp to look like longhorn? i was kinda expecting something more, neat app and all that though.

It's primary purpose is to make it look like Longhorn's clock but it can also remove the start button and or put the start menu where to clock is (click to the clock to get the start menu). Also, folks have been requesting that he add an alarm, etc. but I don't know if he's going to do that or not.

Edited by Jstphish

i dont get any of that :s

single-click: nothing (NOT normal :( )

double-click: normal windows time setting box (normal)

right-click: task bar context menu (normal)