Longhorn Systray Clock

i dont get any of that :s

single-click: nothing (NOT normal :( )

double-click: normal windows time setting box (normal)

right-click: task bar context menu (normal)

I thought a single click and it not doing anything was normal?

This program is so nice.  I love how there isn't any bloat.  Who'd of thought to put a start menu on the clock?  That's perfect for the minimalist, nice thinking!

Things to add:

• all font horizontal offsets (my AM is 1 px to far to the left and I am using Cleartype with default LClock settings)
  • ability to configure from clock (right click) not just from Control Panel.

I really like to see the AM/PM off by 1 pixel with cleartype enabled... Can you please post up a picture? thanx!

One of the main reasons why I didn't want to add an option to configure LClock from the "context-menu" is because then I have to worry about translating the whole context menu to different languages. But never the less it does make lclock easier to use...so I might do something about it in the future. :)

Now the whole start menu from clock is from Kazuto Sato's TClock light! Not something I came up with...I just simply enabled it in LClock. ;)

ravek, win2k...maybe...I'll look into it.

btw: Alarm and a simple popup calendar is what I have planed for the next version of LClock.

Edited by RCube

Whee. Here comes the bloat :)

I agree with that...

Please RCube, dont add stupid features that only makes the original program uses more memory... Now it uses ~200KB... With features like alarm and crap like that will use 2MB or more... If you wanna an alarm/calendar/etc, go and use another prog. to do that. Its ok by now. Just the LClock Properties feature and nothing more...

I agree with that...

Please RCube, dont add stupid features that only makes the original program uses more memory... Now it uses ~200KB... With features like alarm and crap like that will use 2MB or more... If you wanna an alarm/calendar/etc, go and use another prog. to do that. Its ok by now. Just the LClock Properties feature and nothing more...

I agree as well with that. This is a Longhorn clock program not a calendar or an alarm. There are other programs which can already do that. :ninja:

I agree with that... but i like to add if your wont :

-Flat systray

-compatible with other windows

and synchronic clock with internet

well that i thing is good...

Here is that example you were looking for RCube. Looking at it further, I don't know if it should go to the right 1px or 2px. But that's the beauty of adding a horizontal offset. I'd be able to put it right where I want it.

Edited by Jstphish

Hmm, I think 1 px to the right should be fine. Of course adding it to the config program (instead of hard coding it) would nullify this whole debate :)

Here's what it looks like on my system:

post-34-1083187060.png

I understand you guys. I hate bloat ware too. Don't worry it won't be like ICQ. ;)

Those features I have thought about are very related to clock(watch). I always wanted a simple stop watch and a popup calendar when I move my mouse over the clock(so I don't have to double click to see the calendar). I'll play around and figure out something that works well for everybody...e.g. make those optional features or something that you can add to lclock. But one thing is for sure; Lclock will continue to be small and simple like right now. :D

ravek, Flat systray is a property of theme. Not really related to LClock.

Jstphish, I don't have access to photoshop on this computer. I am just using the windows picture preview program. And they seem to be in alignment(same with Master Xen's). Someone with photoshop can double check.

Both are perfectly aligned, but I think they were talking about changing the offset so it would be centered...

About the alarm and calendar... I think it would be a great idea, and from the little I know of RCube my bet is that he will try and keep things small. If not possible then offering 2 versions would be too hard I guess. A Lite and a Pro version like most apps out there hehe :p

And btw, hope you enjoying your trip! :)

I'm having a problem with the Ashen visual style as the clock won't match the color. I have attached the picture.

and have some troubles with some skining progs because cant catch correctly the color... May be in the next version support (in Properties) the option to choose the color of the clock and the shadow.

... May be in the next version support (in Properties) the option to choose the color of the clock and the shadow.

You can already change the color of the text and of the shadow.