• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Best Windows

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

beekay_    0

I've created a poll which has all the Windows created by Microsoft.

This survey is kind of important because it is part of my computer class.

Please vote and do tell the reason why you chose it.

Thanks in advance.

I accidently close the thread so I had to create a new one. Sorry. Didn't know about the feature. Can some Mod delete it? Thanks.

beekay_    0

I like Windows XP because it's better than previous ones. It has great graphics, features and some other stuff and I think it's really easy to use.

Ridgeburner    6

You forgot 3.1 and NT

If anyone votes 95/98/ME/ i'll come to your house and kill you personally :laugh: :p

jymi    0

no 3.1?

il go with XP

JK1150    0

new=better

beekay_    0

I dont think anyone used 3.1 and isn't NT for Office purpose only?

Storm    4

I like windows XP because of all its built in features and its customizability

burgen    0

Where is windows 2003?

anog    0

I hesistated between 2k and xp. 2k is great because while it has most of the features of XP (except some multimedia and visual ones) it does not need nearly as much power, memory, harddrive space, etc as XP does. I had 98SE, 2k Pro and XP pro on a compaq "triboot" system, with 64mb of ram and a fat harddrive and 98 and 2k were on one partition and Xp was in another, and while XP ran fine (don't know why... I can't really understand how it ran so smoothly to this day!) 2k was by far better.

However I ended up choosing XP because of those add-ons. They do make my life easier as I do video editing and work with many photos.

I also really like Win95, because it runs beautifully with just 8mb of ram and takes little harddrive space...

and u forgot NT 4, windows 3.1, etc etc so u don't list "all" ;)

Zetter    0

Most people will vote XP.. (like me) becuase it IS the best

Some will go for 2000, they feel it's more stable and less bloated than XP

A couple will go for ME in defiance of the NT arcutechture

A few more may still even go for 98/SE as for it's time it was good, and stable

And there will be a joker who will vote 95 saying after that they switched to Linux/mac

I like xp so much as it has so many feautures that are absent in older OSs eg cd burning, better media player, system restore. It also is better looking, visualstyes and icons. And more stable for me, I have ALMOST forgotton what a blue screen looks like.

sanctified    1,220
A few more may still even go for 98/SE as for it's time it was good, and stable

what time? between 12:00 am and 6:00am when computers were off? :blink:

beekay_    0
And there will be a joker who will vote 95 saying after that they switched to Linux/mac

Lol :laugh:

StaticX    0

XP

Zetter    0
,Apr 16 2004, 18:56]

what time? between 12:00 am and 6:00am when computers were off? :blink:

hahahahahaha

I did use 3.1 before 98 so it did seem stable at the time, and many people will say it is more stable that ME

DragonElf    0
,Apr 16 2004, 18:56]

what time? between 12:00 am and 6:00am when computers were off?  :blink:

:jump: :laugh: hahahaha, n!ce one!!! that one cracked me up!

it's SO true though... :rolleyes:

Ridgeburner    6

No one used 3.1? your kidding right? :laugh:

and NT , i guess was meant for office type places, but I used it for quite a while as a personal OS

beekay_    0

Yeah, NT is for Office use only...

Orange Battery    382

I had windows 95 and it was good at the time but as it got older it couldn't cope with newer technologies as well as I would have hoped. I next had Millennium and it really was the worst OS ever for crashes etc. XP has been great, stable and does everything I need. Its the first windows I feel I can trust to keep stuff correctly.

Lokheed    0

You dont have 2003 Server on the list, I cannot vote.

XP is the next 98, mass home user OS for the public that doesnt know much about Windows. It is by no means a shotty OS but there first stab at combining all the sparkle of 98 (at the time) and the solidity of NTFS. XP offers what 2000 users had for years...stability and error recovery with some new features.

Longhorn will be the one to watch (XML looks mighty interesting) but as stability and resonsiveness goes, 2000, and 2003 Server are rock solid and very clean.

I have been using 2000 since Beta3 (Brought up on NT and no its not Office use, no Windows is Office use, that would be MS marketing infected your brain) and have just recently upgraded to 2003 Server. Running it as a workstation and have to say, its faster then XP, on par with 2000 and contains so much more secuirty and useful features. Its an awesome upgrade from 2000...I was very impressed to say the least and was very reluctant to dump 2000, but with its end coming soon, it was time for an upgrade.

gflores    0

I used 95 for about 4 years and it was alright. Ahh, I remember the blue screens of death, so common back then. Now I got XP and I truly like it. It's a lot more stable (but not stable enough!). Everything is awesome, although a bit of a resource hog, but when you have 512mb of memory, it's all good! :p

beekay_    0
I had windows 95 and it was good at the time but as it got older it couldn't cope with newer technologies as well as I would have hoped. I next had Millennium and it really was the worst OS ever for crashes etc. XP has been great, stable and does everything I need. Its the first windows I feel I can trust to keep stuff correctly.

I agree with you. I had Windows ME before and my computer crashed everytime. Sometimes it wouldn't even log off or restart.

Max    50

I voted XP, BUT for my older computers, its nice to have Windows 2000 running on some occasions.

beekay_    0

Windows 2000 is nice also. Many school over here use it.

Death By Sexy    0

xp has been the best so far. winME was by far, the worst.

xp1ode    5

i chose XP but i also like 2k, both are my favs when it comes to all the other versions, i started at 95 and i must say that is taken long to be here but it was well worth it, even with all the patches and holes found and fixed since both these two systems game out i havent been infected by anything, or worried. I keep my systems and my home network as secured as much as i know. But between 2k and XP i say XP pro just because of the way it looks and the extensive skinning support it has here at newin...