Its been done...

The new structure is implemented, granted not everyone will like it, but this was thought through and we even made a couple of changes/additions

Changelog

General Stuff category and forums moved down, above Neowin Related Discussion

Help & Support Center moved up as 1st category (from 3rd)

Windows Code Name "Longhorn" forum renamed to Windows Beta Discussion

Quick Links for General Discussion and Site & Forum Issues added to top of forum index (above News link)

Reviews by Members for Members forum added

Gamers Hangout moved to PC/Tech Help & Discussion Center (because it falls under those categories)

Drivers Drive-In renamed to Drivers Discussion & Assistance

I think thats about it, enjoy the new structure, I know I will.

I hate it. Hope I don't get banned for that, but I really don't like it. To each his own I guess.

thats a shame but I realise I can't please everyone (even though I'd like to) :)

ok, quick question, what exactly is the Reviews by Members for Members forum for?  It looks as if its getting spam already

I guess it's for hardware/software reviews? :unsure:

Feels odd without General Discussion up top. Not too bad though.

Eh I dont see why Gamers is under PC/Tech Help & Disucussion.

Yeah, and looking at it more, feels kind of overwhemling having 8 forums up top. At least before we had a little separation when there was more groups.

Eh I dont see why Gamers is under PC/Tech Help & Disucussion.

ty at least i'm not alone!!

Neobond Hates this idea... of putting Sports, Media and Gaming Together I dunno why: As a genre they meld well together!

Video Games, Sports & Entertainment

- Gamers Hangout

+-- Console Gamer

+-- PC Gamer

- The Media Room

+-- Moving Pictures & Sound Editing Studio

The Sporting Arena

Edited by xStainDx

I hate this new lay out...... i mean i really hate it.

i like it ... it's a tech site .. that should be at the top. they added a quick link to general discussion ...

Gaming is NOT the same as Media or Sports, just because its recreational doesn't mean it qualifies as a General Discussion Category, which is where Media and Sports are at the moment.

Gaming falls under Consoles and PC and is generally looked to for Help & Discussion so its a logical step to have the software side in with the rest at Help & Discussion Center.

Plus the fact Gamers Hangout barely moved from its actual page location as it stands I don't see what the problem is.

Gamers is not deemed Off topic and won't be categorized as such.

Only seven and a half hours to comment was not a good point in my opinion. Plus not everyone reads the site news forum so you also should have posted word of the impending change elsewhere to prevent threads like the "What just happened to the forum layout??" one in the lounge.

I personally don't like this layout too much. Granted my opinion means crap since I'm not a regular here, but at least I am voicing my opinion. I don't visit the gaming forums that much because I don't own any gaming systems right now, nor do I have the money or desire to. I very rarely visit the computer forums because I have other sites that I can go to to get the information that I need for that. I only came here in the first place to see what it was all about. That's why I hardly post. I never really liked it here. If I say why I will get banned I know it. So before I keep rambling on I'll just ST*U now...

Neobond, I wasn't askingg yoou to put Gamers back into General Disc..

What i was asking was you to make a new Section

Video Games, Sports and Entertainment. <=== New Title Seection

Gamers Hangout

+--Console

+---PC

Media Room

+---Motion Piictures thing

Sports Arena.

You could even throw Jokes & Funny Stuff in there tooo as part of the Entertaiinment ffactor.

Its like one big TV & Radio Section hahaa

I never really liked it here.  If I say why I will get banned I know it.  So before I keep rambling on I'll just ST*U now...

So you realise your opinion means squat when you summarize your visit like this?

Plus a regular would know that this restructure has been talked about since the beginning of the year, we just took our time implementing it.