Logitech MX700 Mouse

The first review!

Anyways, on with it.

Logitech MX700 Wireless optical mouse

855.gif

Price: $69.95 (MSRP), ~$50 (Pricewatch)

I previously owned the Cordless Mouseman Optical, which had a few problems, frequent battery changeouts, signal issues, and some "wake up" issues as well. This mouse is essentially the beefed up version of this, with all of these problems fixed.

Packaging was the same as with all logitech mice, but this one comes with a rechargable base, and they even include 2 AA rechargable (good) batteries rated at 1900ma.

As with most mice, plug it in and you're good to go.

The radio synchronization is also improved with this mouse. The base includes a connect button on the front, which will light up a small LED below when pressed. This LED will remain on until you press the connect button on the mouse (which you do not need a pen to do anymore). The base is a rapid charge for the batteries, and you can continually use the mouse for approximately a week before you even need to set it back in the base to recharge.

An indicator light is also present on the mouse which will light up red when your batteries are getting low, and green while recharging. The main LED on the mouse also turns off while recharging. The precision and accuracy of this mouse is simply amazing, and it will work on nearly any surface. The range of this mouse is also astonishing - although Logitech suggests it's used within a 15 foot range, the mouse works perfectly nearly anywhere in a 2 story house (in case you have a longer range video setup to your TV).

The extra buttons on the mouse include:

Forward, Backward (For web browsing)

Scroll Up, Scroll Down (For more accurate control than the mousewheel)

Switch Application (Located directly below the scroll down button)

The standard mousewheel w/ pressdown button

There are a few improvements I would make on this mouse - one being a better fitted slot on the charger - you must seat the mouse carefully in the charger, or else it doesn't make proper contact. The other is improved support drivers to customize the buttons, and more support for different operating systems.

Overall, this is a killer mouse, well worth the investment.

Pros:

Relatively Cheap (considering cost vs performance)

Acts like a corded mouse

Durable

Works on nearly any surface

Very long range

Extremely sensitive and accurate

Shiny

Cons:

Lacking driver support for custom functions

Sag's Score: 9.5/10

Updates:

For those who wanted to know...

In comparison with the MS explorer mice, the logitech wins hands down, the wireless explorer mouse (highest end mouse from MS) is bulky and heavy, and offers nothing near the performance of the MX700. One thing I have noticed however is that you may want to replace the logitechs default 1800mah batteries with 2400mah ones if you often forget to put it back in the base. As far as gaming goes, it doesn't get any better. I used to switch back to a corded logitech for gaming before I upgraded to this mouse, but that need is gone, and the new design makes it even better. Get it, you will not regret it.

Edited by SaguratuS

hold on, did i go back in time? We had the mx700 since 2002, why are u compelled to review it now. there tons of rreviews on the web that draw basically the same conclusion. btw, this mouse is awesome, i have 2 ot them.

mmm kay, i guess its a good review.

i think you should add more about how it responds

also it's recommended that the mouse is charged for 6hrs for the 1st charge before using to get a full charge. this mouse is heavier than corded mice so might have so get used to it.

Eh, I'm reviewing it because it's one of the best mice you can get out there, and I know that those who have had other cordless mice may have some worries about it. Yes, you can find a bazillion other reviews on it out there, but this one is "personalized" and just for neowinians :)

Thought I mentioned how it responds, well, if not, it's amazingly fast, and it "wakes up" just like a corded mouse.

With the batteries it is a *little* heavy if you've used a corded one before, but it's not a problem at all once you get used to it. Back to writing my 2nd review.

it is not a cheap mouse lol. Thanks for the effort put into this review though. Pretty good but some more information about the responsiveness would be good.

It's responsive! If I can play AA with this mouse (and wireless keyboard) then you know it's pretty nice :p

Nice review, little slim on some details but it's more then I would do ;)

it is not a cheap mouse lol. Thanks for the effort put into this review though. Pretty good but some more information about the responsiveness would be good.

see told you! lol

i got my mx700 like 2months ago and it's great. ahvent gotten to use it that much since ive been on the laptop for most of the time but when i did get to use it, it was very responsive and smooth. it should be used with a pad though. increases response by a great deal

It's extremely cheap when it's one of the best mice out there that you can buy :D

I have the MX DUO and it is well worth the buy I love them :) I can sit in my lazy boy and relax and surf and play games.. Wireless rules! :woot:

The MX Duo is also very nice, but they don't have an ergonomic wireless keyboard :cry:

Edit: go check out my reply on the thermaltake review - I need help selecting the next thing to review :rolleyes:

Edit2: bah, the hell with it, just going to copy and paste it here

|

|

|

Alright, I need some help choosing a next review - what's something you'd like to see?

Some of the stuff I can write up in ~15 minutes -

DVD Drives

CDr Drives

Cases

Temperature Monitors

Power Supplies

Food

Monitors

Sound Cards

Speakers

Hard Drives (Excluding SCSI/Raptor drives)

Stuff that'll take much longer (due to needed testing and detail writing)

CPUs

Video Cards

Mobos

Notebooks

Name Brand Comps

Software

Everything Else

I've dealt with a LOT of hardware, so I can write a review on quite a few things in these sections. I'd happily write a food recommendations / reviews as well :shifty:

Mx700 :wacko: gee, i'm happy with my nice logitech MX310, cords are cool with me

Nice review! If I ever have enough cash *spare* I might consider getting one :D

nice review

simply the best mouse on the market

also better than the new bluetoot version (MX900) untill the price drops. Even, the bluetoot is useless imo

My corded IntelliMouse Explorer works so well I don't knowwhy I should get another mouse? It's as sensitive/accurate as it can get.

about a week ago I was board and was driving around to various stores. At staples they had the MX700 wireless duo (keyboard + mouse) for $76 and then a $20 mail in rebate. If I had money on me then I would of bought it on the spot. I still am going to get the mx700 duo pretty soon

mouse is pretty awesome... for normal usage!

2 problems with the piece i have...

It's chinese built... :p

The batteries last for max 2 days.

and yeah, range has disappeared within 2 months. earlier it worked from outside my room not it does nto work from the bed in my room :(

I have this mouse and I love it. I would not use anything else. I would however like it to be a trackball. But then again it is a very smooth to use mouse. Battery life could be better, but it tells when its low.