Logitech MX700 Mouse

i've never in my life used a better wireless keyboard/mouse combo than my Duo MX. Logitech hit it right on the head with their rennovated RF Technology for this series, sometimes I forget there's no wire :wacko: Like someone said in this thread before, I'll use it until it dies :laugh:

I think you may have gotten a faulty mouse, either that or you're using it on a bad surface. This mouse is ultra smooth and perfectly precise, and the MX500 is just the MX700 but wired.

i agree with SaguratuS. you cannot use the mouse on glass or a white surface, so if you're doing that, stop. otherwise it's a faulty mouse

i cant use the scroller to change weapons in UT :(

using drivers? if so and using xp, uninstall them and use the default drivers

i agree with SaguratuS. you cannot use the mouse on glass or a white surface, so if you're doing that, stop. otherwise it's a faulty mouse

you are wrong -

From Logitech.com:

...try using the mouse on a mousepad or piece of paper. By using the mouse on a white sheet of paper, you can also conserve battery life....

yeah not true, I use mine on a glass mousepad :|

sorry i meant glossy white. i had to use a magazine for awhile and it was jumpy.

i have a glass table and it's jumpy when i use the mouse on it. the table isnt clear either. it's a sea green. i tried it again on my table and it doesnt work on the top (smooth no texture surface) and on the bottom (there's texture here) and it works on the back and not on the front. like try using the mouse on a clear cd jewel case with no paper in it (the top cover for example) and you'll see that there's no mouse movement since the sensor cant pick up anything

using the func1030 and it has great precision now

Edited by ForeverUnknown

You just cannot use the mouse on a highly reflective or pure surface, eg a mirror, or a glass/glossy smooth white table with no texture. The mouse will work perfectly on any surface with a visible texture, but I'd recommend using something decently smooth so you don't wear out your pads.

I bought the MX700 with the Elite keyboard... It came in a package. Then mouse works perfectly well and the keyboard is extremely good as well.

Why are you reviewing this mouse???  Live in the NOW! :rolleyes:

uh maybe b/c it's still a popular mouse, many people are considering buying it and this review would help? just a thought

Why are you reviewing this mouse??? Live in the NOW! :rolleyes:

Although this mouse was released awhile ago, it's still the latest and greatest from logitech (the MX900 is the exact same thing, but the base can be used for other bluetooth devices)

My old mouse mat was getting a bit skanky and the cursor was jumping around a bit so I bought another mouse mat, Ratpadz GS (I R TEH 1337!!11). It's actually remarkably accurate, the MX700 literally glides over it, it takes barely any effort to move the mouse and as such it took a bit of getting used to but now I've had a decent play, it's like I've got a new mouse. Couple of piccies:

MX1.jpg

MX2.jpg

MX3.jpg

My old mouse mat was getting a bit skanky and the cursor was jumping around a bit so I bought another mouse mat, Ratpadz GS (I R TEH 1337!!11). It's actually remarkably accurate, the MX700 literally glides over it, it takes barely any effort to move the mouse and as such it took a bit of getting used to but now I've had a decent play, it's like I've got a new mouse. Couple of piccies:

I use the exact same setup (with Teflon mouse feet) and it's awesome. I never used to use a mousepad with the mx700, but it really really helps. I just wish my MX700 was still in good shape like yours (mine is a little over a year old).