Neoshooter 4.0.3

Colors can get to be a tad ugly.. :wilted_rose:

I got an "Invalid Clipboard Format" error while trying to use Ctrl+F11 and don't think I was doing anything with active window..

Thought id drop in and say 'cool app'

Keeps getting better with responsive devs (thanks for installer!)

Looking forward to 2.6 with changeable default folder. Also, how about custom naming of files? So we can make a template...say 'Xan Desktop - [custom time string] - [custom date string]'

=

Xan Desktop - 02.23 - 04 May 2k4

Jus another suggestions, makes it easy for people who upload to their own space/sync ftp.

Keeps getting better :yes:

But personally I would have stick with the single exe. Not sure what's the idea behind making an installer out of it since it doesn't have any dependencies. Thank god I can just install and then copy the exe to a safe place and delete the installer and uninstall :p

Colors can get to be a tad ugly.. :wilted_rose:

I got an "Invalid Clipboard Format" error while trying to use Ctrl+F11 and don't think I was doing anything with active window..

What do you mean about the colours?

And can you walk me through the Ctrl-F11 bug? (I have an idea of what it may be, but just to be sure)

Looking forward to 2.6 with changeable default folder. Also, how about custom naming of files? So we can make a template...say 'Xan Desktop - [custom time string] - [custom date string]'

=

Xan Desktop - 02.23 - 04 May 2k4

Jus another suggestions, makes it easy for people who upload to their own space/sync ftp.

Custom filenames sounds like a good idea, will see what I can do (Y)

I'm wavering on the ftp thing, I'm not sure if it would constitute too much bloat :/

sweet app. that's a keeper.

EDIT: the pics turn out damm pixelish and blurry. maybe i'm doing something wrong?

But personally I would have stick with the single exe

There's still an exe version, you just have to look for it in the thread (keeps it fun, eh :rofl: ).

EDIT: the pics turn out damm pixelish and blurry. maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Are you using auto-resize? If you are then that's a known issue

Are you using auto-resize? If you are then that's a known issue

yep that's it. i set it to auto-resize 1204x768. woo. i reported a bug (guess it's already known) but hey. you gotta love this small app :)

Oh this one is nice, but not for me :)

I use purrint, you can see it in the thread you linked to in your original message, and it does what I need - when I hit PrntScrn it automatically saves the shot to a pre-defined location (which I set ofcourse) in a .jpg format. Oh, and when idle, it takes only 140kb of my physical memory, yours takes few mb's.

Don't get me wrong, this apps is awesome, but it doesn't fit my needs :) this post is for you to consider an even "liter" version for neoshooter, or just get a user opinion :)

Again, I don't wanna sound like this - your program is great, I'm just a strange individual :) I'm going to use it sometimes.

Just reinstalled windows, one of the 1st things I dled was this. :happy:

And I noticed my name in the about box :woot: .

when I hit PrntScrn it automatically saves the shot to a pre-defined location (which I set ofcourse) in a .jpg format.

Oh, and when idle, it takes only 140kb of my physical memory, yours takes few mb's.

It's probably not hard to implement keypress interception. I will look (Y)

Whats a few mbs anyway? This is the first time I've really written a useful app, so I expect it to be a bit buggy.

What do you mean about the colours?

And can you walk me through the Ctrl-F11 bug? (I have an idea of what it may be, but just to be sure)

About the colors, I took a screenshot with some IM windows open, and some username colors turned out more green than the blue they should have been, I zoomed in and it looked like a low quality gif. Just.. ugly. :unsure: Basically, it was a worse quality image than printscreen gives. :/

I'm not sure what I did with the Ctrl+F11, I was going to take another screenshot with Photoshop CS opening in the background, to compare colors and what the shots look like with various small details, and that error just popped up. Uhh.. I might have had the Neoshooter window open, but I definitely wasn't anywhere near the active window option.

Hi!

It?s really funny that this app from a modding forum doesn?t work when you?ve changed the icon with reshacker:) :) Gant Icon for systray is a "must be" for ;) ;)

Tombik

Hi!

It?s really funny that this app from a modding forum doesn?t work when you?ve changed the icon with reshacker:) :) Gant Icon for systray is a "must be" for ;) ;)

Tombik

You need to un-upx it fir;) ;)

Custom filenames sounds like a good idea, will see what I can do (Y)

I'm wavering on the ftp thing, I'm not sure if it would constitute too much bloat :/

Perhaps you could make the program capable of using plugins.

and an idea for file names is using some form of basic scripting that like alot of mp3 renamers use

like %desktop%/screenys/blah%num1%.jpg

%desktop% being the path for desktop, and %num1% being where it goes up for mulitple screenys, so blah1.jpg blah2.jpg blah10.jpg blah932.jpg

and i used num1 cause the number could specify if you want preceeding 0's

so num3 would be like blah001.jpg

About the colors, I took a screenshot with some IM windows open, and some username colors turned out more green than the blue they should have been, I zoomed in and it looked like a low quality gif. Just.. ugly. :unsure: Basically, it was a worse quality image than printscreen gives. :/

My very bad resize code + jpeg compression could cause this

hello! curious if theres an ETA for 2.6? and will 2.6 make the change to create the neoshooter.ini file in the same folder as the neoshooter.exe rather than in c:\windows ?

hello! curious if theres an ETA for 2.6? and will 2.6 make the change to create the neoshooter.ini file in the same folder as the neoshooter.exe rather than in c:\windows ?

2.5.2 exe version

Edited by Spyder