3718 -- Mysteries Over

I think it looks cool. I like to see what happens with this. I'm not a big downloader of them, just like to look at the pretty pictures from time to time. Thanks for the videos too.

Guys,

Ok - Well, I dont have time to answer the questions now, as I'm already late for school and have to run out the door - but this build IS abig deal, as its a DCE enabled build, and a LAB06 build which mans neato features, also there is no memory leak in this version of longhorn, even WITH a whole lot of sidebar tiles and sidebar enabled.

The version will leak, publicly. - keep your heads up , on iRC and Longhorn files, its soon - I'll have this soon so I can get u guys some exclusive screens before the actual leak (well, wont be exclusive anymore as they are floating around like mad now)

Look closely in that .NFO, at the bottom - hehe ;).

Well I'm late for school - I'll answer more questions when I come back - cya! :blink:

Guys,

Ok - Well, I dont have time to answer the questions now, as I'm already late for school and have to run out the door - but this build IS abig deal, as its a DCE enabled build, and a LAB06 build which mans neato features, also there is no memory leak in this version of longhorn, even WITH a whole lot of sidebar tiles and sidebar enabled.

The version will leak, publicly. - keep your heads up , on iRC and Longhorn files, its soon - I'll have this soon so I can get u guys some exclusive screens before the actual leak (well, wont be exclusive anymore as they are floating around like mad now)

Look closely in that .NFO, at the bottom - hehe ;).

Well I'm late for school - I'll answer more questions when I come back - cya! :blink:

it will leak? i thought it already did? as you have it right?

Not really interested. This build leaked over a year ago now. Just cause people are starting to get it that never had access to it a year ago doesn't make it a " big deal". We don't need "exclusive" screenshots posted here because we've had the build and can screenshot it if we REALLY wanted to. I don't know why people get all excited over a build that is 2 years old. The DCE effects are cool but getting boring after 5 mins.

Not really interested. This build leaked over a year ago now. Just cause people are starting to get it that never had access to it a year ago doesn't make it a " big deal". We don't need "exclusive" screenshots posted here because we've had the build and can screenshot it if we REALLY wanted to. I don't know why people get all excited over a build that is 2 years old. The DCE effects are cool but getting boring after 5 mins.

if this build has leaked from Microsoft over a year ago, why hasn't it been publicly released back then?

considering that it has support for DCE(the feature that is probably the most anticipated !), this really amazes me!

Michael

if this build has leaked from Microsoft over a year ago, why hasn't it been publicly released back then?

considering that it has support for DCE(the feature that is probably the most anticipated !), this really amazes me!

Michael

A lot of things come out that certain people get and the "public" don't. Don't ask me why ;)

Some of us don't have the kind of links you have, and its faster than debugging the 40xx mess. ;)

lol, as i've said in many threads. Wait for WinHEC build :)

I've been teased with the fact it might have DCE enabled features so we'll have to see. Playing around with 3718 will be like playing about with Win 95 compared to a Lab 6 build now.

A lot of things come out that certain people get and the "public" don't. Don't ask me why ;)

i assume you would have to kill me if you told me why :p :ninja:

Michael

It didnt publicly leak because people who had it didnt want it to - anyways it was stolen from Microsoft and I'm Microsoft isnt comfortable about peaople playing with DCE outside their internal labs, specially not at that time.

WinHEC build - according to the contacts I have will have some MILD DCE effects, no AERO UI tho. Dont quote me, its what I was said from credible sources, I'm sure Cream has more credible sources than I do, tho.

Anyways - for now still only the select few have it, a PUBLIC leak has not yet been issued - but it will, not gonna mention dates.

Ops, while reading I figured out some people have discovered where to get the leak , or part of it, if your smart enough guess you'll find out, otherwise just wait for public leak :).

:).

does this build have the application/window scaling present in the '03 winhec demos?

ex: they made the calculator app larger without lowering the screen res.

does this build have the application/window scaling present in the '03 winhec demos?

ex: they made the calculator app larger without lowering the screen res.

No.

Sorry I'm a n00b to longhorn, but would it be possible to move over the DCE files (dcestart, etc.) to 40XX. Please don't flame me if this is impossible.

Yes, it leaked, if your smart enough you will get it, its public already, just gotta know where to go...

Might boom on P2P and bittorrent soon tho, but not if its up to me ;).

it did on longhorn files but they removbed it after getting extra information from microsoft (or something).

*this isnt a link cause they dont have it anymore

No it Never did

Just the Setup.exe

Well, Yes it was up for about 3-5 hours.

But that wasn't Suposed to get out.

and somehow it did <_<

Yah I thought it was weird as well that it got out - as far as I knew it also wasnt supposed to get public...

Anyways - good move on removing it ;).

Amazes me people are stupid enough to host alpha copies of an OS on their HTTP sites.

It won't gain you members if you post that sort of crap there.