Banned for being too good?

Why not? Cheats are not illegal at all.

Some new games say you cannot cheat in the EULA. So if you cheat and carry on playing the game then that must be illegal?

Happens to me all the time in DoD(WWII HL mod). Sometimes I TRY to not be as good, so the admins won't accuse me of cheating. It kind of sucks :(

I love to snipe ppl when I play ut2k4. I usually only play online with friends, so we dont kick each other off.

The only other game I online is OMF:BG. I win and lose, so I dont get kicked off. I'm a beta tester for it, so I can tell when another beta tester is playing on the same server due to their fighting style. I have been banned a couple of times from servers. Once I get warmed up, its hard for me to lose.

I play BF Vietnam a lot and get kicked all the time, usually because if i get a helicopter or a plane i am very hard to kill as i can fly pretty well.

So i might have 10 kills to 1 of my deaths.

Results, booted.

Best server i ever played on was a private one, they had good admins, it was for call of duty, basically if you accuse someone of cheating the admins would follow them around for a while and see what they are doing, if they are cheats, they get permanent ban.

So you actually needed to cheat to be banned.