Xbench your Mac...

you can see my xbench score in my sig anyday ;)

i'm hoping that when i crack this baby open to toss in one of the 7200rpm drives and another 512mb of ram, i'll be cruising around 150 points.

Just bought a dual 1.8 with 2 gb of ram and a 9800 pro card. I'll post my score after I get it up an running tomorrow....in fact that'll be the first thing I do when I get it out of the box (once FedEx delivers it)! Can't wait!!! I am a pc user but have been drooling over OS X and finally had a reason to have bought the G5.

Edit: Uh yeah, my wife is an illustrator/graphic designer and her blue g3 just died! She's already informed me that the G5 is off limits unless she's in the room...:-( guess she doesn't trust a PC user with so much power...

can u flash a pc 9800 and put it on the mac?

Quite possibly, although I haven't heard of anyone who's done it.

You would lose the ADC for monitor power and USB hub.

I'm guessing most people with G5's are going to have bought an Apple TFT like myself, so, wouldn't want to lose that.

The problems with SATA right now is that the other hardware is not really optimized for it.

My PC Mobo can handle SATA, but the reviews I ahve read said the HDs and other components are not ready for it. I will wait for the next gen SATA

Thanks for that. I was under the impression that SATA was absolutely amazing the way most people rant on about it (which it is... just not yet.. so to speak :D) at least now I know to wait before taking the leap to SATA :)

The problems with SATA right now is that the other hardware is not really optimized for it.

My PC Mobo can handle SATA, but the reviews I ahve read said the HDs and other components are not ready for it. I will wait for the next gen SATA

What hardware isn't ready for SATA?

Modern SCSI hard drives spin much faster (up to 15k) and have much higher transfer rates.

People aren't willing to pay the cost of a decent SATA drive, so, all the current drives are basically (parallel) ATA drives.

The 'optimizations' are all sitting there, and have been for a few years. You can't have low cost and high speed.

That's a price problem, not hardware.

Do ya reckon PearPC could beat Neyos Dual G5s :whistle: is it a really taxing benchmark?

I'd be very surprised if PearPC could beat a Quadra! LOL :D

You can't have low cost and high speed.

The saying I've always heard (and found to be very accurate) is this:

Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any two.

Fast and Cheap = not Reliable

Fast and Reliable = not Cheap

Cheap and Reliable = not Fast

Weeeeee, I reckon I was on for the record! Neyo's dual G5 was quivering!

Dang, you have spent a LOT of time customizing OS X inside of PearPC, haven't you? LOL :p

It had to be done :|

After that screenshot was taken it promptly crashed but I'm guessing my Xbench score would've been about 0.8 :D

It takes 9 hours for OS X to install on my 700MHz Celeron, I don't think I could ever get that customized... :wacko:

Let alone installing it... I gave up :laugh:

haha. Nice one Dazzla - you must of spent sometime on this thing - thats a lot patience! :o

haha. Nice one Dazzla - you must of spent sometime on this thing - thats a lot patience! :o

• 4 weeks later...