Why is Soccer so boring?

all sports are boring... unless you watch them live of course.... the other day i was really getting into Professional Darts on tv... but id never watch baseball, football, basketball, anything on tv... how boring.

It's the same as every sport. It's boring if you don't "get it". I don't get American Football, I've seen it on and I find it boring. I do get football - it's not about the goals. It's not about the chances. It's about every kick and if every kick doesn't interest you, you don't "get" football. I'd find a Norwiegen Division 2 match pretty boring I guess, but I could still watch it. I just wouldn't be too disappointed if the phone rang at the wrong moment. However, a couple of years ago I found I couldn't watch the Liverpool - Arsenal FA Cup final because it was just too intense.

Test cricket. Now there is a boring sport to watch. Even more so than the sports on UK TV that I also find boring - golf, snooker and (if there are no hot Russians), tennis.

Tour de France, sooooooooo boring. Guys riding a bike, what can be more boring

I find soccer (FOOTBALL!!) fun to watch and play.. nothing better than watching your favourite team or even your country playing whilst sitting with some mates and drinking beer.

Just like any other team sport I suppose :)

Seriously i understand Us football and it is boring because of the stop and starting all of the time

Too many adverts on the TV too!!! Sports over in the US can be dictated by the adverts which is sick. Soccer, which is blatently called football!!! Is a great sport. Yes some games can be boring but, most games are not. The Us Major league soccer is a poor league, where as the European league excel much more.

Football not soccer u american idiot! is a brilliant game u have to be stupid to not love it. How can u find it boring? American Football is for retards.

I do like to watch soccer and play soccer..

I do not understand whats boring on it..

well, depens who's playing and for what they are playing for.

I borred if i see tennis on tv.. (Not if you play it by yourself)

like many americans, i also find soccer terribly boring. I am a huge baseball fan though, and i realize many non-americans think baseball is boring. Anyone who says baseball is boring is just looking at it from a quick glance and has no idea what the game is really about and will never appreciate it. I think this works both ways. I'm not going to pretend to understand the inner workings of soccer. From what i've seen, its boring as hell. I can respect what other people like though, as long as they respect what i like.

i was in mexico on wednesday and was having lunch at an outdoor cafe, and apparently there was a soccer game on.. all of a sudden we hear this huge roar coming from all directions and people start running through the streets yelling "goooooooaaaaal!!" .. it was pretty cool.. i'll give soccer fans that much, they are very passionate.

first of all its Futbol not soccer thats a american term used and futbol is one of the best sports in world and if u havent played the game dont judge it by its cover. If its so boring y does the whole world plays it. Futbol is a game of passion and excitement. Trust me futbol is a very hard sport to play as welll.

Edited by PapiChuloNica

Soccer is the best and most popular game in the world without a doubt!!!

sworph's list of boring sports:

1. Basketball (game for freaks and giants)

2. Cricket ....yawn

3. Baseball

4. American Football

5. Australian Football AFL

6. Netball

I find soccer boring because its a slow and low scoring game. I use to find hockey and baseball till last years playoff, and found it be exciting. In north america, soccer is not a market. Would be hard to find north american sports in euro on tv.

whoever says soccer is boring,deserves to be shot

I guess you better get a gun, Because to me soccer is just plain boring.

Considering it is the most popular sport of the world, I doubt many people think as you do :no:

It's the most popular sport in the world largely based on tradition.

Your country is in the finals, don't be surprised if the whole country watches.

Just like the Superbowl a large portion watch for the commercials, or because their friends are watching, region is playing etc, often not because they care about the game.

And American football is much more entertaining than the low scoring, low shooting, low oppurtunities soccer.

P.S. "Most popular sport in the World" is a really weak argument.

baseball is boring as fcuk.

agreed with PapiChuloNica.

most people who don't enjoy watching football are probably americans and havnt been outside of US, or i mean just don't like football because of their own reasons. Same way that you probably think that inches, feet, yards, that bullshlt mesearment system is smart/good.

Edited by DiEMOS

It's the most popular sport in the world largely based on tradition.

Your country is in the finals, don't be surprised if the whole country watches.

Just like the Superbowl a large portion watch for the commercials, or because their friends are watching, region is playing etc, often not because they care about the game.

And American football is much more entertaining than the low scoring, low shooting, low oppurtunities soccer.

P.S. "Most popular sport in the World" is a really weak argument.

american football is the second most idiotic sport, following baseball ofcourse