The philladelphia project, was it really true?

Wasnt that a movie... the guy gets fused to the pod still alive but horribly mutilated and they end up killing him. I forget what movie it was.

are you thinking of "the fly" starring Jeff Goldblum of Independence Day fame?

Don't be so gullible..... stuff like this does not happen.

it may or may not have happened to fully believe or just write it off it plain dumb. skeptisism is good.

in all honesty all we are doing is speculating on something we will probably never gonna find out...like the release date of halo 2 :p

i do however think that military technology is many years ahead of what is released to the public, makes sense that the army has better kit than a 13 year old 1337 wannabe.

who knows?

a tattoo told me nov 9th 2004

I saw this on the discovery channel a year ago and redFX is right. They were trying the make the ship invisible according to a theory developed by Einstein and supposedly ended up teleporting and fusing people to the ship. Its original intention was not to transport the ship, that was a side effect. On the show they had some pretty convincing evidence and they even had eyewitness accounts of the event and even some people claimed they were on the project. The whole thing was very strange. I also think it was called the Philadelphia Experiment, not the Philadelphia Project.

Here is a really good source on info about it: Link.

Edited by jmole

• 2 weeks later...
Wasnt that a movie... the guy gets fused to the pod still alive but horribly mutilated and they end up killing him. I forget what movie it was.

that was an episode of X-Files I think... where a beam passes in the desert and a guy is ****ing into a rock and he gets Half human Half rock...

Hahaha, of course that is not true....

You really think they would use a ship with people in it to try it out?... I don't think so.

There was a special on The History Channel about this. Some guy got into some really sensitive material and found out that the name of one of the men on the ship had his name changed and some other oddities. I wish I could remember more of the special, it was very good. So, if it ever did take place, I believe it would have had people on it; military personnel, no less.

There was a special on The History Channel about this. Some guy got into some really sensitive material and found out that the name of one of the men on the ship had his name changed and some other oddities. I wish I could remember more of the special, it was very good. So, if it ever did take place, I believe it would have had people on it; military personnel, no less.

yes yes yes...some guy wanting to get rich off of something he made up...blah blah blah...