iTunes 4.6

According to Apples site it wont act as a repeater to routers that are not apple base stations (extreme or just the normal ones) but other sites are saying that it is possible or 'may' be possible? I'm inclined to believe Apple since they did create the thing after all when I get this I'm gonna throw out my old 56G belkin its crap and massive lol

According to Apples site it wont act as a repeater to routers that are not apple base stations (extreme or just the normal ones) but other sites are saying that it is possible or 'may' be possible? I'm inclined to believe Apple since they did create the thing after all when I get this I'm gonna throw out my old 56G belkin its crap and massive lol

It should work (unofficially) with an router that speak WDS. Are there any other routers that support WDS?

It should work (unofficially) with an router that speak WDS. Are there any other routers that support WDS?

The Buffalo ones do, and I think 3com has some that support it.

It is mostly a high end feature, so most cheap wireless products dont have it.

But when relaying, Airport Express uses WDS. They have done this on purpose so people who want to use this with large already setup networks they will have to make a choice between getting this or going with Apple.. they have taken a small gamble (I mean who here uses more then 1 wireless router?!) and people will either decide not to buy this really cool product, or buy this or maybe 2 or 3 of them to replace there existing wireless network. Apple always go against the trend and it always seems to pay off for steve.

Yep.. Some people will always be willing to spend more on Apple hardware, so moves like this aren't that risky. My neighbour bought an AirPort Extreme base station only to find that the brick walls in his house stopped it from broadcasting around the house fully. What did he do? Bought eight more of them. One for the kitchen, one for the bedroom, etc :p

I don't see how its not possible they both use the IEEE Standard 802.11g. :huh:

WDS is not officially part of the standard. Only higher end routers such as the Airport extreme and Airport Express from apple implement it as well as Buffalo networks. The bottom of the barrel linksys routers won't cause it's not officially part of the standard.

Where the hell is it?!?! I want my Airport Express compatibility which I won't even be able to use for another month!!! :rolleyes:

Where the hell is it?!?! I want my Airport Express compatibility which I won't even be able to use for another month!!! :rolleyes:

software updates is only for software updates.

im going to have to get myself one of those... only thing is how much and what am i going to need to sell this time :p

(i think he means where is itunes 4.6...)

no, he had actually posted that over in software updates and I merged it in with this thread

Yep.. Some people will always be willing to spend more on Apple hardware, so moves like this aren't that risky. My neighbour bought an AirPort Extreme base station only to find that the brick walls in his house stopped it from broadcasting around the house fully. What did he do? Bought eight more of them. One for the kitchen, one for the bedroom, etc :p

That wouldn't work, the most you can have is 5.

1 main one, and then 4 of them to relay the signals.

Unless he some on other channels....

She rightfully moved your post, and she as rightfully will move/delete it again. Software Update section is only to announce the availability of new Apple/third parties software updates (or new versions). I don't understand your posting there about nothing...

Ok, let's try one more time... try to read every word this time, please... Software Update section is only to announce the availability of new Apple/third parties software updates (or new versions).

Get it? There's nothing wrong in you wanting to discuss iTunes 4.6, but it-isn't-out-yet. So this forum is the right place, if you just want to complain that you can't download it already.

...and by the way, try to be a little more mature. You don't go telling STFU to people who just underline your errors.

Look hand round face guy lol. that section is only to say the new update is now available to the public not to speculate on when said updates will be out..

That wouldn't work, the most you can have is 5.

1 main one, and then 4 of them to relay the signals.

Unless he some on other channels....

Really? Strange, so could you have the remainder on a second wireless network? I've never really toyed with wireless networking so I'm not too familiar with it, but I guess if you set up different locations or something and set it as you move about the house? /shrug