iTunes 4.6

Man, that looks awesome. Will have to get one of those as soon as I actually get an Airport set up here.

edit: I just noticed that this actually will function as an Airport base station as well! Very cool!

Edited by roadwarrior

I'm hoping that Apple releases this internationally! So, that I can buy one of these before iTMS Europe opens for business next week! :D

Because the article is a news brief. :huh: It might be Mac related, but I still think he chose the right place.

Probably so, but some of us head straight for the Mac forums (or the front page), and rarely look at a BPN post unless it's linked from somewhere else.

anyone know if sharing a printer and internet will work if i plug this into my existing router?

ie: cable modem -> router -> airport express -> printer/stereo

i haven't been able to find any information about this. all i see is "will connect to existing wireless networks" but that is through wireless and not that cat5 jack.

anyone know if sharing a printer and internet will work if i plug this into my existing router?

i haven't been able to find any information about this. all i see is "will connect to existing wireless networks" but that is through wireless and not that cat5 jack.

Yes, it will. It functions as an Access Point/Wireless No-Port router.

I think only wireless computers can print though, at least that is how the AirportExtreme is.

"Many hotels may have wireless service available in some designated parts of their buildings but not in their guest rooms. With AirPort Express, it won?t matter ? as long as your hotel room is wired for broadband, you can create your own wireless network with AirPort Express. Just connect the AirPort Express Base Station to the room?s Ethernet network jack, plug it into an electrical outlet and you?re online wirelessly."

-- off the Apple page. So yes, you can plug in an ethernet cable to Airport Express.

AirPort Express is just a smaller, less featured version of AirPort Extreme.

Express can only have 10 simultaneous users connected, Extreme can have 50.

Express only has 1 Ethernet Port, Extreme has 2.

Express doesn't have a 56k modem port, Extreme has it.

Express doesn't have a antenna port, Extreme has it.

Those are just the major ones, you can see the differences between all 3 models of AirPort at http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/specs.html

Man, with that TOS-link, I could plug this baby into my 5.1 home theater system across the room.

Even better, if they wrote it into core audio as an output option.

Imagine wireless game sound or music composition preview in Garageband sitting while sitting on your couch or bed in your dorm (if you are a college student).

Man, with that TOS-link, I could plug this baby into my 5.1 home theater system across the room.

Even better, if they wrote it into core audio as an output option.

Imagine wireless game sound or music composition preview in Garageband sitting while sitting on your couch or bed in your dorm (if you are a college student).

Don't worry, people will hack it and get something like this working. This device is going to be popular and within a few months stuff like this will start to appear.

Probably so, but some of us head straight for the Mac forums (or the front page), and rarely look at a BPN post unless it's linked from somewhere else.

Because it's both not exclusive to just the Mac (it's designed to be fully Mac + PC compatible), and putting it back here just shouts elitism to me. Plus, it gets shown at the top of the board index for everyone to see, rather than tucked away in this forum.

cool device might by one myself.... if the australian price isn't too high... it doesn't look as good as airport extreme thou which is a bummer, but still nice product from apple :) and airtunes looks awesome on the website

cool device might by one myself.... if the australian price isn't too high... it doesn't look as good as airport extreme thou which is a bummer, but still nice product from apple :) and airtunes looks awesome on the website

must be ranging from AUD$259 to $299. :) stll very cheap compared to airport extreme.

i love ipods they r sick.. my 40g 1 is so sick got all the skins for it & hav jst got past the halfways mark of music on it....

must be ranging from AUD$259 to $299. :) stll very cheap compared to airport extreme.

right now, its $183 AUD converted + 10% GST + more = $199 - $229. my guess :)