Moving to Linux permanantly.

You said it. You must have the biggest PCENIS here.

I like windows for some reasons that I don't dig linux. And I like linux for many reasons why I don't like windows. Same goes for BSD, Amiga, or even Mac OSX. I love computers, and I'll toy with whatever I can get my hands on. Though some things can be used better for certain tasks than others. And again, a good amount of it is personal preferences.

Don't just go "OH MAN WINDOWS SUCKS IM SWITCHING TO LINUX!!11", that's lame. Dual Boot, get your feet wet before you dive in. ;)

My two cents.

Get over it. No one cares what your permanent OS is. And you are not better than anyone else just because you are different from the mass. And if you believe in something that other people disagree, please do not feel obligated to defend your belief because it's pointless. With that said, defending your belief and pointing out inaccurate comments is different :)

Lets have a mature conversation, eh? :)

PS. This is not directed at any particular person participated in this thread.

PPS. Having correct spelling is over-rated :p

After all the years I have spent in IT I still have not figured out why there is so much passion

about Operating Systems .

Whose fault is it for not realizing that FAT32 can't handle more than 32GB of partition? If you think its Windows, I think the Windows community is better served by your moving to Linux. Have a blast... ;)

After all the years I have spent in IT I still have not figured out why there is so much passion

about Operating Systems .

If you spent all those hours installing Gentoo then you'd want to defend your investment too.

Gentoo from stage 2 or 3 doesn't take that long, but yes, gentoo is for the more hardcore users. When you've got your system ready, it's both responsive and usable though.

Gentoo from stage 2 or 3 doesn't take that long, but yes, gentoo is for the more hardcore users. When you've got your system ready, it's both responsive and usable though.

I have actually recomended gentoo to several new linux users. If a user is able to think critically and read directions they will have no trouble getting it loaded, and by the time it's all set up they will have learned the basics of the commandline and how the operating system is structured. And if they can't think critically you dont want to talk to them do you? :)

Gentoo Linux Install Handbook