Foobar2000 Customization Topic

Was a bit suprised I had not seen you around "this" thread before tool++ but nice to see you drop by. Wont miss your creations for sure if there is more cross posting. Kind of like the turnout for the area04 VS. Looking forward to the release of it if possible later (my coding skills are still flawed but working on them ;) ).

Just noticed that in fact. I often only have time enough to check one forum from work. The choice today was Neowin. Just spotted the code at HA and grabbed it. Big fan of your stuff as said so thanks for your hard work :)

Hahaha I had no idea there was a thread on neowin ;D

But anywho:

^__^

It's nice, but way too much wasted space at the top. Beauty over function isn't something I've been a fan of.

It's nice, but way too much wasted space at the top. Beauty over function isn't something I've been a fan of.

I got to agree with bangbang, for me functionality should not be comprised over beauty

That said... I do like it though :whistle:

good job

Could you please share your Columns UI layout?

I dont take credit for any of this code.. i got it off of someone here or on the foobar forums.. can't remember. I just edited the images.

unzip the attatchment to foobar/images/

the code for my single column ui is:

Row Height 21, Group rows 2

Group by: %album%

ITem Display

$if($or(%_isplaying%,%_selected%),
$imageabs(2,0,images\gradient_green.png,)
$ifequal($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0,
			$drawrect(13,0,0,0,brushcolor-233-233-238 pencolor-233-233-238)
			$drawrect(13,0,0,0,brushcolor-255-255-255 pencolor-240-240-240)
		)
)

$padding(5,0)
$alignabs(20,0,%_width%,21,left,top)

// TRACKNUMBER
$if($or(%_isplaying%,%_selected%),$font(calibri,9,bold,255-255-255),$font(calibri,9,bold,180-180-180))
[%tracknumber%. ]
// TITLE
$if($or(%_isplaying%,%_selected%),$font(calibri,9,bold,255-255-255),$font(calibri,9,bold,120-120-120))
$ifgreater($calcwidth(%title%),250,
$cut([%title%],60)'...'
[%title%]
)
// LENGTH
$align(right,top)$if($or(%_isplaying%,%_selected%),$font(calibri,9,bold,255-255-255),$font(calibri,9,bold,120-120-120))
[%length%]

Group Display

$drawrect(0,0,0,0,brushcolor-20-20-20 pencolor-null)
$imageabs(0,0,images\gradient_black.png,)
$padding(5,5)

//ARTIST
$align(left,center)$font(calibri,12,bold ,245-245-245)$upper([%artist%])$char(10)
//ALBUM
$font(Calibri,9,bold,200-200-200)[%album%]

$padding(0,3)

// DATE
$align(right,center)$font(Calibri,9,,200-200-200)[%date%]$char(10)
//GENRE
[%genre%]

images.zip

Can someone help me? I'm having a problem with foo_uie_single_column_playlist. I'm using

Group By:

%album%

Imagine if the album contains not just one artist but various... It creates multiple entries for the same album, one entry for each artist that's in the album (see imagine in attach). In the imagine you can see two entries for the album Excursions and two entries for the album No Album, each one of those albums as various artists in them.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance :).

Edited by funquiada

Can someone help me? I'm having a problem with foo_uie_single_column_playlist. I'm using

Group By:

%album%

Imagine if the album contains not just one artist but various... It creates multiple entries for the same album, one entry for each artist that's in the album (see imagine in attach). In the imagine you can see two entries for the album Excursions and two entries for the album No Album, each one of those albums as various artists in them.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance :).

that would be because the songs in that album don't all have matching %album% tags, you should tag your music properly if you plan to get any functionality out of foobar :)

that would be because the songs in that album don't all have matching %album% tags, you should tag your music properly if you plan to get any functionality out of foobar :)

@ moglenstar, thanks for the help anyway.

My tags are all correct, I'm sure of that... both ID3v2.3 and ID3v1.1. This is only happening with the albums that have various artists in them :no:. The other albums with only one artist appear all correct.

Am I missing some sort of component?

Edited by funquiada

This only works with the single columns playlist & if your album covers are called folder.jpg & are in the directory with your music.

$imageabs2(80,80,,,,,3,2,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg,)

This works for the header group only. The image will be 80 pixels x 80 pixels & placed 3 pixels from the side edge & 2 from the top.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

This is not true for me, I can't resize my images with that. anything below 84,84 doesn't show and if I change it to 90,90 then the images are just pushed in/down 6 px.

@ moglenstar, thanks for the help anyway.

My tags are all correct, I'm sure of that... both ID3v2.3 and ID3v1.1. This is only happening with the albums that have various artists in them :no:. The other albums with only one artist appear all correct.

Am I missing some sort of component?

try setting %album artist% as "various artists" and %artist% as each artist, and %album% as the album

also i don't know if it's just me but i see little point in using both ID3v1 and v2 tags, foobar only needs one of them.

you might find that some of your tags are missing ID3v2, and so have no %album% tag filled in, or something

Hi there (: first post here on neowin!

Im modifying a config but im kinda stuck. Can i change the look of the playlistbuttons? cant find any option for that.

thx for a good config moglenstar :D

fb2kcfg.gif

try setting %album artist% as "various artists" and %artist% as each artist, and %album% as the album

also i don't know if it's just me but i see little point in using both ID3v1 and v2 tags, foobar only needs one of them.

you might find that some of your tags are missing ID3v2, and so have no %album% tag filled in, or something

I'm using both of the tags because nero burning rom 6 doesn't read ID3v2.3 tags. Alright, I'm going to try what you said... :yes:.

@moglenstar, I found the problem :). In Media Library>Album List>Views I changed the string in front of the genre (%<genre>%|[%album artist% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%) to (%<genre>%|%album%).

Anyway, thanks :).

Edited by funquiada

Hi there (: first post here on neowin!

Im modifying a config but im kinda stuck. Can i change the look of the playlistbuttons? cant find any option for that.

thx for a good config moglenstar :D

fb2kcfg.gif

Where did you get the code for that playlist view? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't remember where.. :huh:

Updates for me..

fb1tc6.th.pngfb2lj0.th.pngfb3cy7.th.png

Will be released in due time.. (hopefully soon :p)

Awesome. I had 4 months of break with foobar, so that makes even bigger impression on me, cause last tim eI played with foobar it wasn't possible to get something like that. But no matter what that's just beautiful. If you're not releasing it anytime soon, can I become a beta tester? ;)

Im having a problem with my single columns setup. In my group display, i have an image that is suppose to be set if there isnt album art, but its set to be shown no matter what. so i have a few album covers that arent exactly 500x500 and they don't stretch over the whole group album cover spot. is there code to make it stretch, or for the image that is suppose to show up when there isnt art, to show up just when there isnt folder.jpg in the artist folder?

Where did you get the code for that playlist view? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't remember where.. :huh:

heres the config

image...

Row Height

Group By

%album%

Item Display

//background stripes for normal items
$ifequal($mod(%playlist_number%,2),1,
$drawrect(0,0,0,32,brushcolor-250-250-250 pencolor-null),
$drawrect(0,0,0,32,brushcolor-255-255-255 pencolor-null)
)
//background stripe for playing item, + item images + playing image
$if(%isplaying%,
$drawrect(0,0,0,32,brushcolor-230-230-230 pencolor-null)
$imageabs(0,2,images\1bit\item_playing.png,flow),
$imageabs(0,2,images\1bit\item.png,flow)
)
//padding font size/colour and what to display
$padding(21,5)
$font(,8,,100-100-100)
$align(left,middle)%title% 
$font(,,,190-190-190)
'('%artist%')'

Group Display

//background stripe
$drawrect(0,0,0,32,brushcolor-240-240-240 pencolor-null)
//"folder" image for new album
$imageabs(0,2,images\1bit\folder.png,flow)
$padding(21,5)
$align(left,middle)$font(,8,bold,50-50-50)%album%
$padding(-16,0)
$align(right,middle)$font(,8,bold,100-100-100)$if(%date%,%date%,)$if(%codec%,/%codec%)$if(%bitrate%,/%bitrate%kbps)

Font

$font(Tahoma,8,,)

Download Images here and place the "1bit" folder inside your "images" folder, either in your foobar directory, or your foobar profile directory.

but its also mixed with moglenstar-my-foobar-setup

realy nice setup moglenstar :yes: