WeatherAlert

Awesome program!  But...ha ha...ever think about adding support for large fonts?  I can't see most of the info on the display cause I have my monitor set for 120dpi fonts.

:woot:  100th post!

I'll work on it...I thought that was taken care of by a property that I set in the designer; I'll look into getting it to work. If you could post a screenshot it'd be handy so I can see what you mean without restarting to set up large fonts.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement!

Edited by darkmark327

Bug?: Seems to use a different radar then the the one on weather.com, on weather.com the radar has my area almost centered but with your app it doesnt even show my area.

Suggestion: Add option to choose between 600 mile and 300mile radar because 300mile is a little too close and you can't really tell if a storm is coming towards you unless its almost on top of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This pic should better explain...I marked where both baltimore and havre de grace are on both maps. and also that both are using same zipcode for the map

post-88-1087109778.jpg

Edited by supernova_00

very nice program! thanks

could it be possible to show two locations (extended and/or summary) at the same time instead of switching locations through menu

thanks again for the great program

To what language would you be interested in having it translated? Note that the Condition text such as "fair" or "light rain" is directly obtained from the weather feed so I don't think I can localize that.

I would like to translate this do Estonia

Bug?: Seems to use a different radar then the the one on weather.com, on weather.com the radar has my area almost centered but with your app it doesnt even show my area.

Suggestion:  Add option to choose between 600 mile and 300mile radar because 300mile is a little too close and you can't really tell if a storm is coming towards you unless its almost on top of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This pic should better explain...I marked where both baltimore and havre de grace are on both maps. and also that both are using same zipcode for the map

I think I'll just use the 600, it seems like it'd be more useful anyway. It's also why the map wouldn't be showing correctly; I look for "closeradar" and replace it with "ultraradar" in the image URL; I assumed that it would show the 300 mile for the same area but apparently that assumption was mistaken.

Those are some pretty nice icons too; unfortunately if they're using the Samurize weather.com display, they won't quite match up with mine; a few that are simply put as duplicates in that set, I redid in my set. 24, 29, 37, 38, 39, and 48 I did myself, and 31/33 are switched in the samurize config. (This is weather.com's fault, those are all duplicates in their sdk provided icons, I looked at each icon from their site, and adapted accordingly)...I don't know how to get one work without breaking the other without adding (yet another) option (maybe i'll have it read from an .ini file in the "icons" directory or something to that effect)

I'll work on localization support so it can be translated and use those strings.

Weather.com's guidelines won't let me show 2 places at once, sorry :(

I had planned on doing that but I can only display weather data for one location at a time.

Edited by darkmark327

Thanks for changing it to the 600mile radar...works great now. I've got one more suggestion, the tray icon with the current temp, can you make the backgroud transparent and bold the text.

Also if you need help with serving it, i got 7gig of bandwidth to use up each month. Just shoot me a pm.

Thanks for changing it to the 600mile radar...works great now. I've got one more suggestion, the tray icon with the current temp, can you make the backgroud transparent and bold the text.

Also if you need help with serving it, i got 7gig of bandwidth to use up each month. Just shoot me a pm.

I can make the background transparent but bolding the text will require me to shrink it to fit (it already doesn't fit on 100+ degree days I think)...I'll see if it's possible to do it effectively; the problem with a transparent background is the risk of invisibility if someone's tray is similar in darkness to the text color.

Anyway, once I finish my little "todo list", it'll be ready for primetime...don't worry about the hosting though, I don't think I have a bandwidth limit on my school's webspace

I've done some tweaking to ensure that the five day forecast stays on one line of tabs now.

Need a host location for the program, i would be willing to host it at my server for you and provide a website for it. I use this at work and at home, this app rules :)

OK, animated radar and all the weather.com radar choices have been added. Try and break it, I don't know how robust it is, I hope that weather.com follows a uniform page structure since I'm scraping all this stuff of one location's pages and trying it with a couple different locations in the program.

Weather.com won't let me put other sources of weather data in the program with theirs, sorry. cq

Even if I could, I don't know how I'd map the locations to their equivalents on the NWS site.

yea I couldn't figure how it worked either. I think they have some cgi program or something that translates zip to a radar image... oh well still great app

uhh the alert thing does not work...right now i'm under a tornado warning and sirens and everything are going off here...weather channels says we are under it until 8:30 and still no warning for your program :(