Smirnoff Ice versus Smirnoff Ice Triple Black

I know that the difference between Smirnoff's Red Label Vodka and their Black Label Vodka is that the black label is Triple Distilled (i.e. better) vodka.

In most non-US countries, the difference between Ice and Ice Triple Black is exactly that - the former is made with red label and the latter is made with black label...

But in the US, they don't have any vodka in them. They're just malt beverages. But they're still marketed the same way, even using the term Triple Black, even though there's no triple distilled (black label) vodka in them.

So does anyone know what the real difference is between the two drinks in their US incarnation?

Just curious... annoyed by the deceptive marketing...

^ that about sums it up.. and as far as appearance goes, the regular Ice is sorta foggy, while the Triple Black is basically clear

I drink both, but more so with the Regular Ice. After drinking about two of the triple black's, the taste drives me nuts for some reason.

I just tried the new Smirnoff twist drinks, and they were actually quite good.

i like regular smirnoff ice better than the triple black, I like the sharp taste of the regular Ice, the smoothness of the Triple Black is too smooth for me.

I just tried the new Smirnoff twist drinks, and they were actually quite good.

ick.. the orange is the only one i can stand.. i thought the green apple was ok at first but then the apple taste was just way too strong..

Eh all those drinks are for girls imo, give me a beer or a 40.?
let me get this strait, you are guys talking about drinking chick drinks... 

i dont get why drinks like this are considered girl drinks.. someone show me a rule that says alcohol has to taste like **** for you to be cool

i dont get why drinks like this are considered girl drinks.. someone show me a rule that says alcohol has to taste like **** for you to be cool

sorry, thats just how it is, thats what they are, they are girly drinks, just take the marketing of them for an example...

ick.. the orange is the only one i can stand.. i thought the green apple was ok at first but then the apple taste was just way too strong..

I only see chicks drink that stuff because they can?t handle the taste of a good ale. That?s why I said what I did. Go into any bar and sure enough there will be a bunch of women drinking stuff like that or mixed drinks.

sorry, thats just how it is, thats what they are, they are girly drinks, just take the marketing of them for an example...

oh well.. call me a wuss then.. every now and then im just not up for shots or beer.. so ill just have a few of these or some mixed drinks

I think they taste fine, i can only remember one add, but its a bunch of guys sneaking into a bar through the kitchen and they drink the stuff

I think people consider them chick drinks because of how easy they are to drink, and how they have less alcohol in them than some other harder liquors.

I think people consider them chick drinks because of how easy they are to drink, and how they have less alcohol in them than some other harder liquors.

actually most "chick drinks" have more alcohol ;)

I think they taste fine, i can only remember one add, but its a bunch of guys sneaking into a bar through the kitchen and they drink the stuff

i can think of two

i remember one where the girl is on the blind date and asks if the guy is Brad, and says shes Alex.. and then this dude drives up with a tag on his car that says "The Brad" and she turns away, so when he comes inside the first guy asks the brad "are you brad?" and he says yeah and then he says he's Alex

and then the one where the NASCAR driver takes the tires off his car when he arrives at the party with a 6 pack of triple black and it says drink responsibly

just drink beer, then you don't have to worry about it. :beer:

NO! Dont drink beer lol, beer bellys and just, FAT.

Stick to the spirits and the good old scotch and cokes :)

There are triple blacks? Then what the hell am I doing drinking doubles! lol... Theres no actual vodka in the us versions?! Damn tht's bad.

I work for a liquor control board here in Canada and the sales figues are about 8 to 1 for the Smirnoff Ice over the Triple Black. And they're not "chick drinks" either; the sales are about 55% females and 45% males. The reps don't target the 18 year old girls with those, probaly because of the 7% alcohol content...instead they push the Barcardi Breezers on them. Those are like soda pop.

I work for a liquor control board here in Canada and the sales figues are about 8 to 1 for the Smirnoff Ice over the Triple Black. And they're not "chick drinks" either; the sales are about 55% females and 45% males. The reps don't target the 18 year old girls with those, probaly because of the 7% alcohol content...instead they push the Barcardi Breezers on them. Those are like soda pop.

So more than half are female.