[DEFINITIVE] Gmail queue !

Just posting to let you guys know that this dude just registered to neowin NOT to beg for an account, but to DONATE one.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showuser=48483

Big round of applause to him :D

--edit-- ok just realised that he did not register to donate... but its still his first post ever in 4months :p

Edited by xplatinum

Hey how come I wasn't added to this "queue"??

I requested on page 2 and have been completely dodged... :huh: I hate silly politics.

It's because you used to work for TechTV :shifty:

Hey how come I wasn't added to this "queue"??

I requested on page 2 and have been completely dodged... :huh: I hate silly politics.

... and we're still on page 1. The reason behind the fact that alot of people are being invited without being at the beggining of the list (or on the list at all) is because people give invites to whoever they want to. I try to make a queue but its their invites, they do not have to follow the rules. I do and alot of others do, but some don't and that's up to them and them only.

You'll get your turn soon, don't worry. Things have been going alot faster today.

... and we're still on page 1. The reason behind the fact that alot of people are being invited without being at the beggining of the list (or on the list at all) is because people give invites to whoever they want to. I try to make a queue but its their invites, they do not have to follow the rules. I do and alot of others do, but some don't and that's up to them and them only.

You'll get your turn soon, don't worry. Things have been going alot faster today.

Eh.. this is pointless then if no one wants to follow the rules.

Eh.. this is pointless then if no one wants to follow the rules.

so you're saying that it would be a better idea for them to keep their invites OUT of neowin ?

sheesh, someone knock some sense into that guy :huh:

--edit--

See Evology got one and he was on the queue :D

so you're saying that it would be a better idea for them to keep their invites OUT of neowin ?

sheesh, someone knock some sense into that guy :huh:

I've got all the sense I need, thanks.

This whole thing reminds me of kids in grade school waving candy over classmates' heads. The nature of the Gmail thing as a whole is in a way encouraging people to be childish. It's the "I've got something you don't -- neener neener" thing that really makes me sick. It's pathetic seeing people beg for Gmail just as it's pathetic seeing people dangling invites over our heads.

I'm not saying that what you're doing is bad or wrong, in fact, I think this thread is a good idea. It's just that the people here (and in other forums I've been reading) have been trying to act all powerful and mighty since they've got Gmail and you don't. It's really a shame, and I guess that's the point of this thread... I just see it being pointless since no one wants to do as you suggest.

I know dude but keep in mind that alot of the invitations I've listed I got from other threads and I just listed them here so that they don't get invited more than once.

That's exactly what I want to avoid, the whole "I've got it and you don't" kind of thing. That's why I ain't playing games. I try to avoid favoritism at all cost, that's why I created it as a queue. But then again, I prefer people giving them to 'whoever' than to no one.

In the list, everyone with (for being on queue) are the ones who got it for waiting. And if you got some PM flames to do, just look at the list and you'll see who donated invites without following the rules. I'm very grateful to those guys but you have a different opinion about it... and I can't do anything about it.

One thing is for sure, I've got enough people that follow the rules to make this thread fly. Of course I can't fullfill the demand with a 1:1 ratio. But I do my best :)

What about all those people who have less than 300 posts...we want in...I feel left out :(

This is so that people don't just join Neowin in order to get a G-mail account. The post count limit does seem a bit harsh, but there are so many asking for one already that there really isn't anything that anyone can do. Having a GB of e-mail space isn't that significant anyway, so I would just recommend moving on and not stooping to the level of begging (you haven't, but you also shouldn't).

I got invited from my brother and i got 1 invite. I technicaly got 3, but the other 2 are going to family. Whos first?

Look on the first post of this thread for the "Next: " section to identify who is the next one to be invited.

300 posts my ass, i've been here for 5 months(not under same name though). Hit me up on the queue though if u have mercy.

btw i promise to give all 3 of my invites to the queue, peace.

bpparkins@yahoo.com