itunes music store uk

Hmm rather than blaming apple you have to realise the logistics of opening up a individual stores for each european country, and all the banking, server, music specific problems they raise. Apple want a single Pan-europe store but that doesn't work for the record labels they prefer keeping countries seperate (i guess it gives them local price controls).

umes

Awesome, but one thing that bugs me... there's seems to be '4 different stores'. Thanks to a mate i've been nabbing the Free songs from the US Store, in the last few weeks, but now it won't let me do so, logged into MY account, it tells me I am in the wrong store. Seems a bit of a letdown we're not getting free songs, too, further-more i've not seen much in the UK store thats any different. It seems kinda empty by contrast, i mean, sure the same 700,000 tracks are probably avaliable, but after all the work that has gone on, where's the content that fills the british market. We don't JUST listen to American music. I can appreciate today is the opening day, but still, i expected alot of content, which derives from our shores... :( One step @ a time, i guess...

I have a Visa Electron. Amazon accept it, but a LOT of sites don't. I just wanted to know if I can use my Electron. I think it's the only debit card I can use until i'm 18 (only 17 at the mo.)

I have a Visa Electron. Amazon accept it, but a LOT of sites don't. I just wanted to know if I can use my Electron. I think it's the only debit card I can use until i'm 18 (only 17 at the mo.)

Oh i see, well try. you have iTunes don't ya? Just run through the setup process, and see if its all good... You've nothing to lose! :D

Only Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Solo are listed on the payment page... but Visa Electron might be included under Visa but I doubt it. I got a Solo card automatically when I was 16 (from HSBC) and it was upgraded to Switch when I changed to a student account last year when I was 18.

Nick

Awesome, but one thing that bugs me... there's seems to be '4 different stores'. Thanks to a mate i've been nabbing the Free songs from the US Store, in the last few weeks, but now it won't let me do so, logged into MY account, it tells me I am in the wrong store. Seems a bit of a letdown we're not getting free songs, too, further-more i've not seen much in the UK store thats any different. It seems kinda empty by contrast, i mean, sure the same 700,000 tracks are probably avaliable, but after all the work that has gone on, where's the content that fills the british market. We don't JUST listen to American music. I can appreciate today is the opening day, but still, i expected alot of content, which derives from our shores... :( One step @ a time, i guess...

I guess my points are kind of answered here... :(

EXCLUSIVE: Indie labels no-show on Apple iTunes Europe?

Interestingly, i am not authorised to play my content, and my mates it seems... heh, that is pretty cool. :)

ok its not 7.56 on the 15th and iunes stilll wont let m make an acount with it. does anybody no when ithe music store is actually going to open in the uk. pls

Is that Cockney slang you are typing there? :laugh:

Only Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Solo are listed on the payment page... but Visa Electron might be included under Visa but I doubt it. I got a Solo card automatically when I was 16 (from HSBC) and it was upgraded to Switch when I changed to a student account last year when I was 18.

Nick

I'm with Abbey and we only get crappy electrons.

we need iTunes Music Store in Canuck land

The CRIA and the Canadian content rules imposed by the Heritage ministry are probably why we don't have one yet. :(

The CRIA and the Canadian content rules imposed by the Heritage ministry are probably why we don't have one yet. :(

Why would you even bother paying when your government made sharing music via p2p legal?

yes im shure iv got a card with a bit more on it than the averrage 16 yr old thnk you

and you cant afford a new keyboard? i bought this ms one about a year ago for ?25 maybe cheaper now...

also dont wireless keyboards cost more than wired ones?

to be honest i could afford plenty at 16. hey it was only a year and a half ago for me... and i bought a 1400 pc by myself.

go get a job. you're entitled to one at 16!