1. 1. England Vs Portugal

• England win in the 90mins
    • England win in extra time
    • England win in a penalty shoot out
    • Portugal win in the 90mins
    • Portugal win in extra time
    • Portugal win in a penalty shoot out
    • Don't know/care

So - who do you think will win and how. (Yes, we are talking about Football).

Please post other patriotic jargon, as well as who you think will socre and what the score will be.

/Edit - typed 'England' wrong in the third poll option: could a mod please change that? Thanks!

Edited by farsightxc2

actually, these both were my favorites in euro 2004. too bad, that one of them will fall out in quarters. but, because there's deco and c.ronaldo i go for portugal.

p.s. beckham&co rulez to ;)

Portugal 2 - 1 England

Beckam will score for England with a non-existant penalty kick :p

Maniche will score after a great play by Deco.

Figo will score in a direct free kick.

:alien:

I dont really believe in all this rooney hype, but I gotta say, he played class in the game against croatia :) he played 10x better than the more experienced players in the england squad (beckham, owen, scholes etc), even though he's only 18! Hopefully he can do the same tomorrow :D

I've got two words "....IS A SHORT CHUBBY KID WITH ACNE"

Are you retarded? Sorry but a comment like that is all I can think. If England played like they did against Croatia I see no reason why they won?t win. Lets hope Michael Owen gets one in the back of the net I still have faith in him. I?m guessing it will be about England 3 - Portugal 2, And England's secret weapon Roony will score most of them go:)s :)

Its coming home..

post-91-1088018808.gif

guys guys...ROONEY is kicking ass...cuz of OWEN!

there is just so much attention on Owen...cuz ever1 knows what he can do...so that left Rooney wide open..and he took advantage of that...and now...ever1 knows what Rooney can do..so that will take sum pressure off Owen..and lets him get sum touches...Owen always has at least ONE defender on him..cuz hes one explosive MOFO!

Owen is a big force in Englands offence...just like henry...lotta attention on him..didnt do **** Vs. England...Zidane scores a couple...now ever1 is payin attention to the BIG Z..and henry scores a couple in their last game...just watch...Owen is gonna have a big game...and if i was Portugal..i would be scared...

and mann..Ronaldo..is a ball hug!! he can dribble..but cant pass if his life depended on it! he need 2 dev. his skills..

and again...GO ENGLAND!

guys guys...ROONEY is kicking ass...cuz of OWEN!

there is just so much attention on Owen...cuz ever1 knows what he can do...so that left Rooney wide open..and he took advantage of that...and now...ever1 knows what Rooney can do..so that will take sum pressure off Owen..and lets him get sum touches...Owen always has at least ONE defender on him..cuz hes one explosive MOFO!

Owen is a big force in Englands offence...just like henry...lotta attention on him..didnt do **** Vs. England...Zidane scores a couple...now ever1 is payin attention to the BIG Z..and henry scores a couple in their last game...just watch...Owen is gonna have a big game...and if i was Portugal..i would be scared...

and mann..Ronaldo..is a ball hug!! he can dribble..but cant pass if his life depended on it! he need 2 dev. his skills..

and again...GO ENGLAND!

This is exactly what I am thinking. I think Owen is going to have less attention played to him, and will be much more free to do what he does best: score.

It all depends on Figo and Ronaldo. We all know that Ronaldo performs every match, but Figo didnt really play well until the Portugal - Spain match.

If Figo is playing well it will be a close, close match.

The problem with Portugal is the attackers and that will continue with England but it's gonna be a close match anyway and i hope Portugal can play the same as they did with Spain and with a bit more luck they'll score 2 or 3 goals.

kriz: you're forgetting deco which hasn't shown his full potential in this tournament yet.

the way beckham and owen have been playing, england will be lucky to win. they can't rely on rooney alone, even though lampard has been better than I thought he was. oh, and david james is the weakest part of the team for england, i'm not saying he's bad, i'm just saying he's not great.

Portugal 2-1 England

C. Ronaldo and Maniche for Portugal.

Rooney For England.

The problem with Portugal is the attackers and that will continue with England but it's gonna be a close match anyway and i hope Portugal can play the same as they did with Spain and with a bit more luck they'll score 2 or 3 goals.

kriz: you're forgetting deco which hasn't shown his full potential in this tournament yet.

Very true, i want to see him play the way i saw him play in the Champions League, he was awesome.

Im looking forward to seeing him at Chelsea next season.

@ your_hero, you're right, Beckham hasn't been playing that well recently, but I'm pretty sure the team isn't relying on him or Rooney. They play as a team! and you can't say Owen hasn't been great, sure he hasn't scored himself but he's the reason for a lot of the goals and opportunities.

I think Rooney will score (again) and so will Owen, he's awesome, I agree with what MetaLRasaM just said. GO ENGLAND!