Msn/Hotmail Ups Storage Space

EXCLUSIVE NEWS!

6/23/2004 - Changes to Hotmail: Free, Plus and Premium accounts (Hotmail service is changing the amount of Space it is allowing the Customer to have and the attachment size they can send)

There will be an offical release to the press tonight in regards to these changes.

Question: When our we are going to see the New changes? Answer: You could start seeing changes sometime Late Summer to Fall.

Free Hotmail service: 250meg of storage and 10meg attachment size

30 day expire if no activity (like hotmail free! is today)

Antivirus scan and Clean

Hotmail Plus! service: Annual Fee of: (Price varies due to country)

2gig of storage and 20meg Attachment size

No expire date

No unneeded graphics or advertisements

Will have access to Pop3 settings

Antivirus scan and Clean

MSN Premium service: 2gig of storage and 20meg Attachment size

No expire date

No unneeded graphics or advertisements

Will have access to Pop3 settings

Antivirus scan and Clean

Can have Sub-accounts (same as free)

You heard it first on neowin :cool:

post-8-1088023360.jpg

Edited by twyst3d

So they are basically going to copy Yahoo and go with a 2 tier system only?

If they do 250 meg with 10 meg attachments and no advertisements (like their 2 meg free service right now) then that will be excellent. The one area they have over Yahoo will be that they don't attach any text rider onto your emails. Yahoo still does that in their free system, I believe.

I think it is great they are going 20 meg attachments on the higher-end, but still wish it was 50 or 100 meg instead. But it is a good start.

Are Hotmail Plus and MSN Premium pretty much the same thing?

Whats up with all this email space now? its like buying a house. I have a bed and a dresser in my bedroom, but I can throw in a full size SUV for no reason at all. Who is going to use like a gig or two of e-mail space? I think that 5 MB of space is plenty unless you get more spam then you do fresh air. Is it just me or is E-mail going to be the new way to beat the RIAA at their own game? :D

Next they will try to make attachments span all the SMTP servers, so if someone else is sending a file it to someone and its on the server already it won't need to be uploaded... Same with sending attachments to multiple addresses, upload once and it will send to everyone!

Whats up with all this email space now? its like buying a house. I have a bed and a dresser in my bedroom, but I can throw in a full size SUV for no reason at all. Who is going to use like a gig or two of e-mail space? I think that 5 MB of space is plenty unless you get more spam then you do fresh air. Is it just me or is E-mail going to be the new way to beat the RIAA at their own game? :D

I think the more space the better, especially when you are sending and getting digital pictures. 4, 5 and 8 megapixel cameras make HUGE files, 2-5 meg each. This is very good news for anybody who takes and gets a lot of pics. (Y)

Are you sure the email is legit?

You do get those fake ones from the hotmail staff...

Why, that email is just as real as Lindsay Lohan's boobs!

Err - uhh - maybe that is not a good example. :unsure:

:devil:

I'd like to thank GOOGLE. :)

Without GMAIL none of this would have ever happend.

amen :D

i'm not going to use hotmail when gmail comes my way any way though :laugh:

edit: is this e-mail legit though?

Why does it say *none disclosure* rather than non disclosure? None disclosure sounds like a babelfish translation.

:yes: Or a non-legit email...