Norton AntiVirus 2005 Screenshots

I use NOD32, takes virtually NO resources and has updates almost every day and what's more.. it can really disinfect your system from viruses unlike that Norton cr*p that's only good at detection.

The corporate edition looks good. I might switch to that. It's true that nothing ever changes. It seems to happen to a lot of well established software, which long ago fulfilled their remitt and now just add stupid measures like product activation.

Maybe I should just use L***x. At least there they make changes for the better :cool:

I'd go for the corporate version anyday, way more slick than that cartoonish UI.

But that's a matter of taste I guess, same AV engine I presume...

the best! :yes:

I have used NAV 2001, 2002, 2003 and now 2004. Probably I'll go to 2005 when my virus definitions subscription will be about to expire. I like it because it runs well, it doesn't slows down too much my computer as others say and I have never had a single error or problem with any of those versions. Also, I like the fact that by purchasing the pro edition, which is only $10 more than the normal edition for the upgrade, I get licenses for two computers, so, I can install it on my one and my wife's one.

I really don't have anything wrong to say about NAV and would recommend it to anyone who asks me if it is a good product.

About the cleaning problems, I always try to be careful on downloads, e-mail attachments and other harmful things, so, I usually don't have to disinfect anything. What I do have to disinfect, like some e-mail messages, it cleans up nicelly and I don't have to worry.

Just my thoughts.

Paulo

I am using corp 9 right now but that is because my computer is getting old now and every extra resource saved helps.

I was wondering if antivirus companies were going to start blocking spyware/adware. Maybe Symantec wil by Lavasoft or something and merge technoligies and offer the added protection in one program along with adware/spyware updates amongst the virus updates.

Any thoughts?

What's wrong with Norton AV 2004? I have been using it since it came out and so far so good, very good product, no errors, no slow down of my PC and it runs like a charm, The virus definitions are one of the most updated defs out there in AV products.

I also love the way Norton integrates with windows, It runs as it was truely just another Windows component, I love it.

If you have problems with Norton is it maybe because you have a pirated copy?

I don't really care how the interface looks (cartoon like or not), so long as it's easy to navigate! Besides most of the time it's tucked away in the taskbar. imo :laugh:

Is there an e.t.a on when we'll see this for sale?

I have used NAV 2001, 2002, 2003 and now 2004. Probably I'll go to 2005 when my virus definitions subscription will be about to expire. I like it because it runs well, it doesn't slows down too much my computer as others say and I have never had a single error or problem with any of those versions. Also, I like the fact that by purchasing the pro edition, which is only $10 more than the normal edition for the upgrade, I get licenses for two computers, so, I can install it on my one and my wife's one.

I really don't have anything wrong to say about NAV and would recommend it to anyone who asks me if it is a good product.

About the cleaning problems, I always try to be careful on downloads, e-mail attachments and other harmful things, so, I usually don't have to disinfect anything. What I do have to disinfect, like some e-mail messages, it cleans up nicelly and I don't have to worry.

Just my thoughts.

Paulo

LOL, uses less resources than the others?

Trend uses way less resources, NOD32 is probably the best.

Never liked NAV. :yes:

I think it uses too much ressources for my old PIII.

I'm using F-Prot , it works well and it's small.

With Me Using Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition i chose to use Norton Corporate but thave tested Mcafee new beta Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5

Won't be buying this, still trying to get my Norton Antivirus 2004 activated for the last few months.

Norton saying it a piracy copy and yet I bought this from a big name computer shop in the UK.

No more Norton for me

I am using corp 9 right now but that is because my computer is getting old now and every extra resource saved helps.

I was wondering if antivirus companies were going to start blocking spyware/adware. Maybe Symantec wil by Lavasoft or something and merge technoligies and offer the added protection in one program along with adware/spyware updates amongst the virus updates.

Any thoughts?

As long as your behind a good router and have a good antivirus on your system and running firfox with adblock installed and very careful about every file you open you should very good

I'm currently using NAV 2004 without any problems, and performance is great - everything loads very quick on startup & in general.

The people who say it's bloated and slow, you have to turn off the "Load Auto-Protect during system boot" option - as well as the "Scan within compressed files".

I have no use for the above, which is why NAV 2004 works great for me.

I wonder what new features NAV 2005 will have, they currently everything covered in NAV 2004.

Radish?

I'm currently using NAV 2004 without any problems, and performance is great - everything loads very quick on startup & in general.

The people who say it's bloated and slow, you have to turn off the "Load Auto-Protect during system boot" option - as well as the "Scan within compressed files".

I have no use for the above, which is why NAV 2004 works great for me.

I wonder what new features NAV 2005 will have, they currently everything covered in NAV 2004.

Radish?

generally, what you trying to say is, thay you're usin nav without auto-protect? so, where's the point anyway then?

generally, what you trying to say is, thay you're usin nav without auto-protect? so, where's the point anyway then?

Umm no, didn't you read the part where it says "during system boot"?

Auto-Protect starts no matter what in Windows itself.

Some people :rolleyes:

Radish?

post-8-1088090286.jpg

Does it really matter how Nav2005 looks? I mean... if it can't do its job as an AV app then it's pointless, even if it does look pretty or not.

Thanks for posting the screenshots though, Dane2003.

Anyway... I'm happy with NOD32 as my AV app. :)