WWDC Apple banners take swipe at Microsoft

Only on the desktop. ;) MS wishes they had the market share Apple has with music downloads or music players. :whistle:

yes, since microsoft doesn't have a music store or player in the first place. ;)

Nevermind... I'll be glad when Apple disappear from desktop computers and focus on pink iPod's and glow-in-the-dark toilet brushes.

You'll be disappointed then. There's this obscure thing called Profit, and Apple has been making plenty of it lately.

They also have something very important: A loyal userbase. ;)

Not to sound like a fan boy (I have a 40 gig ipod/love it)

But in the computer department they arent exactly knocking them dead

They wont die with a bang, just slowly fade away. (or even be absorbed)

It didn't come up with anything but an error message for me...probably because I'm not a mac user and I don't have a .mac acct. Could someone post then here? I may be a windows user but I like funny stuff too! :D

I love this kind of ribbing back and forth, but could Microsoft sue them for putting Longhorn on one of those?

Just as easy as the Longhorn Bar & Grill could sue MS.

Shucks, I was looking forward to watching it.

Click :(

June 27, 2004 - 17:44 EDT  Unlike past years, Apple has confirmed to MacMinute that there will be no satellite access to Steve Jobs' keynote at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). Apple also said that this year's event will not be shown at Apple retail stores. We are awaiting word as to whether there will be a publicly available QuickTime stream of the keynote. Jobs' keynote, where he will debut Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" (and likely other surprises) will begin at 1:00 p.m. ET on Monday, June 28.

You'll be disappointed then. There's this obscure thing called Profit, and Apple has been making plenty of it lately.

They also have something very important: A loyal userbase. ;)

Really? Last I checked, the G5's weren't exactly flying off the shelves. Show of hands, how many Mac users on Neowin actually own a G5? I can think of two, offhand. Yet everyone loves them, even though I know about as much about owning one as half the "OMG G5 ARE THE ROXORS!!ONE11! I WAN ONE!!11!" kids.

Being a computer manufacturer who's sole stability and success is based on little music players and selling other peoples music isn't exactly what I'd call stable.

Loyal userbase? You mean a cult. Whats funny is, now that Apple made an adapter for BWMs (which I doubt many on here own), I'm seeing little avatars for BWM popping up. Apple could make a wifi toaster with an aluminum case, charge $245, and some people would think it was the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

Now I guess I'm gonna be area91 too. :rolleyes:

Just as easy as the Longhorn Bar & Grill could sue MS.

*psst*

Its codename is Longhorn. They probably won't be selling it named that. Thanks for playing.

gawdflesh. Powerbooks and iBooks are flying off the shelves at Apple retail stores apparently. You don't expect a lot of individuals to buy a G5 system unless they use it for work do you? I don't think there is a huge market for Operton, Itanium 2 or Xeon workstations among home users either.

Most sales to government and larger companies don't go through retail stores anyway. They would either buy from Apple directly online, through COLSA or CDW.

MS never did this to Apple? Remember the Anti-Switch Ads MS tried running?

http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=1113

That one was more mean spirited than just good old ribbing. The problem with MS is they have no sense of humor. Remember that clip with the inventor of Ctrl-Alt-Del where he credited MS for making that key sequence famous? Bill did not seem to get the joke.

Eh I'm sure MS couldn't care less.

Obviously YOU could.

You guys win the prize for coming into a light-hearted thread and souring it because you have no sense of humour. Well done, very impressive.