x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

175 members have voted

1. 1. x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

• ATi x800PRO
    • nVidia 6800GT

Okay, soon i'll be buying a new graphics card.

Wich of the listed cards are the best/fastest ?

Don't just vote because you like nVidia/ATi.

The 6800GT got 16 piplines right ? And the x800 only 12.

But i can't really base anything off that ...

Please help :)

Thanks in advance.

Side note: Don't get in a nVidia vs ATi discussion, just vote and leave your oppinion and thats it!

GT, its what I got and its OC'd to faster than Ultra Specs and I love it every second :)

I was once in your boat too, I had a back-ordered x800 pro from outpost.com back in the day for $329.99 but during that back-ordered time i saw the light, read more reviews cancelled that order and paid the extra $80 for the GT after 2 weeks of waiting. I wouldn't of had it any other way, now i got a card that enjoy and not one that im slightly disapointed in.

X800 pro HAS 16 pipelines, it just has a lower clockspeed than the XT PE. You could probably overclock it to get to XT speeds, if you get a good card!

It's really a toss up between those cards, but since the GT supports PS3.0 and doesn't have the insane power requirements of the Ultra go for the GT.

X800 pro HAS 16 pipelines, it just has a lower clockspeed than the XT PE. You could probably overclock it to get to XT speeds, if you get a good card!

Psst ...... the pro only has 12 pipelines. The XT has 16

flamebait: so Nvidia is kicking Ati's ass now heh?

If you play Far Cry... yeah.. :blush:

Me switching back to nVidia for this round. :D

If you play Far Cry... yeah.. :blush:

Me switching back to nVidia for this round. :D

Welcome Back to the "Dark Side."

I have always been here waiting patiently for everyone to make the switch back :devil:

Seriously though, I have said it in every thread imaginable what feels like over a Thousand Times... get what you like, what you are most comfortable with (including drivers, etc.) because at this point in time yes the 2 main vendors are neck in neck again...

But man, I cant wait to try Far Cry with my 6800 Ultra and this New Patch. WOOT!!

... and yet another vote for the GT

flamebait: so Nvidia is kicking Ati's ass now heh?

i dont think its a matter of kicking atis ass, its more a matter of creating a higher quality product that appeals to th masses, and with that my vote goes to the gt even thoiugh i use ati.

I also just ordered the BFG Geforce 6800 GT from BestBuy for only $359! It runs at 370!

What what what? :wacko:

The 6800GT all the way.

I voted for ATI, most reviews I see show ati and nvidia are neck to neck but I also see that ati does better with 4x aa + 16x aniso than nvidia, I'd pick the X800XT though rather than the pro

How does aPoint Of View - Geforce6 6800 GT, 256MB GDDR3, TV-OUT/DVI, retail > sound ?

Sounds great! Are you buying it for me. :happy::

i bought a pc zine today and it says the 6800 kicks the x800s' arse. btu who knows, benchmarks can be manipulated. and i'man ati fanboi :D

i bought a pc zine today and it says the 6800 kicks the x800s' arse. btu who knows, benchmarks can be manipulated. and i'man ati fanboi :D

Which Mag?