x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

175 members have voted

1. 1. x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

• ATi x800PRO
    • nVidia 6800GT

Okay guys, since i've got some more cash i'll ask you this.

Wich should i choose of these ?

ATi x800PRO

ATi x800XT

ATi x800XT PE

nVidia 6800

nVidia 6800 GT

nVidia 6800 Ultra

Games i play:

Soldiers: Heroes of WW2> (Quite demanding ) Counter strike: CZ>FarCry>Mafia>CG2>

Games i will play:

HL2>DoomIII>

What would you recommend ?

6800 Ultra:))

Okay guys, since i've got some more cash i'll ask you this.

Wich should i choose of these ?

ATi x800PRO

ATi x800XT

ATi x800XT PE

nVidia 6800

nVidia 6800 GT

nVidia 6800 Ultra

Games i play:

Soldiers: Heroes of WW2> (Quite demanding ) Counter strike: CZ>FarCry>Mafia>CG2>

Games i will play:

HL2>DoomIII>

What would you recommend ?

x800XT (PE is the same)

It is faster and doesn't require a 480watt power supply like the 6800 Ultra.

If you can't spend that much get the 6800GT

6800 GT as far as i know best price/performance

+ in farcry with ps3.0 it is really good+nice :D

btw. you can run the 6800ultra even with a 350w psu :)

Edited by Bizzare

Looks like nVidia is comming out on top this round :yes:

Honestly I could give a damn which is better, just so long as theres competition...these two are so cutt-throat right now the high-end cards dropped their price by $100 this round...thats fking awesome :D

6800 Ultra :)

I second that one...

If you can, just wait until the end of the day... My BFG 6800 Ultra is on its way, left for delivery at 7:04 am this morning, should be here in a couple of hours if that...

I am going to do a Member Review of it, run some benchmarks and all of that, and someone already has the BFG GT, so you can compare the 2 cards the GT and Ultra right here on Neowin. =)

Honestly I could give a damn which is better, just so long as theres competition...these two are so cutt-throat right now the high-end cards dropped their price by $100 this round...thats fking awesome :D

Thank You ! :)

About the decision, I dont know about you but for my next upgrade I'm planning to go dual 6800 GTs. I would get one first and then add another one later. However this decision is not 100% firm until the SLi setup is benchmarked and proven that it is really worth its price.

I went with the GT this round and I love it.

I had a 9800pro and it was a fantastic card for its time. I also bought a 5900 just to review and found it to be the biggest POS I had ever bought for a 3d card. Image quality was just horrible.

Now it is not the case. Having the 9800pro made me REALLY picky about image quality and now I can say nvidia's is great too!!! I love my GT! I never thought I would go back to Nvidia after all their cheating but I just buy the best cards at the time.

I currently have the card running at 400mhz core and 1.175ghz memory. It flies and my procoessor is bottlenecking it like mad.

4xFSAA and 16x aniso on this card is the same speed as none of that stuff on the 9800pro. It's great.

Still I feel that if it hadn't have been for ATi, Nvidia would have never have raised the image quality like this.

Competition is great folks.

I'm interested in seeing who comes out better in HL2 and Doom III, since I think those engines are going to get way more support than the Crytek one is.

That poll is a close race :| :omg:

Well, i ordered the POV Geforce 6800 GT , 256MB TV/DVI :D

It'll be here tommorow or the day after. Express package :whistle:

Thanks guys for voting, and thanks for all the comments.

6800 GT hands down.

Even the ATI Fanboys know its true :p

ATI will have something up their sleeve...a good company will always have a backup plan.

I've just installed my GT. I've only had time to play a couple of games on it so far, but I can confirm this card rocks. The fan is really quiet and the performance boost from my old card (Geforce4Ti 4200) is really amazing.

ATi Radeon X800XT - PE if you wanna spend cash, X800XT is also a great choice.

SCREW NVIDIA!!

I'm so ****ing tired of you !

You are the biggest FANBOY ever !

Can you please get the **** out of my thread ?

But you can't expect much from kids

:rolleyes:

samoa the drivers are fine but i dont wanna start a war. I think im gonna switch back to nvidia too ill probably end up getting the GT and overclock it to hell

ATI will have something up their sleeve...a good company will always have a backup plan.

Of course they have something up their sleeve. Everyone does. And youre saying Nvidia isnt a good company either? :p ATI has R480...R500...etc...etc but thats in the future.

ATi Radeon X800XT - PE if you wanna spend cash, X800XT is also a great choice.

SCREW NVIDIA!!

LoL, screw Nvidia? hell dude you wanna less for more, go a head and buy Ati. :p