A thread for those of us that ordered 4G ipods.

Here is mine:

Item: IPOD 40G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA

Ordered: 07/19/2004 06:12 AM PST

Estimated ship day: On or before 07/21/2004

Shipping Method: Standard Overnite

Upgrade from: 30 gig 3G

Argh send it allready! I'm shipping the ipod I sold on sunday today and I really would hate to be without a pod for 2 days straight! lol If they somehow manage to ship it today (instead of the 21st) I can have it tomorrow! argh hehe

UPDATE: The following products shipped on 07/20/2004.

UPDATE: Jul 21, 2004 8:20 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery NEW YORK NY - ROCK ON -

UPDATE: Received! w00t

Edited by Korgun

Ordered: 07/19/2004

05:40 AM PST

IPOD 40G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA w/ iPod Custom Engraving

Shipping Method

Parcel/Ground

On or before

07/22/2004

still waiting, i ordered in ear headphones with it which shipped earlier today.

mine:

Shipped

1 Shipped 07/19/2004

Invoice No. : []

Carrier : FEDERAL EXPRESS

Tracking Number(s) : []

overnight delivery. where is it? :)

is anyone's tracking number in the fedex system yet? i phoned fedex now and the lady there says "well to me it seems it has not shipped yet"

Usually big companies have shipping slips that have a pre determined tracking number, so apple's site will give you the carrier and tracking number but it won't go into affect on the carrier's system until they pick it up (usually arund 4-6 PM).

I ordered yesterday, and I'm not expecting it anytime soon really.. Apple promised me 5-7 days really, so thats what I'm going with (and going crazy at the same time, having to wait that long..aarrgghh)

i orded yesturday but got it engraved and it said on or befor the 26th but hope it comes befor the 9th of next month because im going on holiday

heh if you're gonna get the 20 gig and buy a dock you may as well just order the 40 gig. it would only cost like $60 more and includes a dock.

Ordered: 07/19/2004

05:40 AM PST

IPOD 40G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA w/ iPod Custom Engraving

Shipping Method

Parcel/Ground

On or before

07/22/2004

still waiting, i ordered in ear headphones with it which shipped earlier today.

good, teh in ears are great but get really gross everyday, make sure u clean ur eats alot :laugh:

Apple gave me teh in ears for free because i told them that the ones that come with the ipod suck and I want good ones. (my originals broke twice)

I ordered a 20GB iPod around 6PM Pacific time last night and I have received my tracking number; it should be picked up by the carrier tomorrow morning.

IPOD 20G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA

Shipped

Carrier : FEDERAL EXPRESS

Tracking Number(s) :

After getting my airport express today, I can't wait!! :woot:

The following products shipped on 07/20/2004.

Damn it the tracking number isn't in FedEx's system yet... if they get it today I can get it tomorrow

hurry fedex!!!! :)

I had no clue last Friday that a new iPod was going to be released soon. I ordered a new 3G iPod and to my horror on Saterday I learned about all the new features that may be availible in a new iPod coming out soon! On Sunday, stumbled upon the Newsweek website's article on the new iPod! butthat night when I tried to cancel the order, the whole store was offline for schedualed maintanace. By the way, the order was supposed to be shipped on or before the 23rd. Anyways I wake up around 08:30 and check my e-mail. To my complete and udder joy I find this in my in box!

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order for a 15GB iPod.

Apple is thrilled to announce an exciting new generation of iPods!

Your order has been automatically upgraded to the new 20GB iPod, at no

additional cost.  Your order will ship on or before 7/21.  To check the

status of your order, please visit: <www.apple.com/OrderStatus>.

If your order included unshipped accessories for the 15GB iPod that are

not compatible with the new 20GB iPod, we removed these items from your

order.  For accessories that already shipped, we have credited your

order for the amount charged.

If you paid with a credit card or an Apple Loan, the credit to your

account should be processed within the next five business days.  Once

the credit is sent to your account, it will be posted according to the

issuing banks procedures.  If you paid via cashiers check, money order,

or wire transfer, a refund check will be mailed to you upon shipment of

the remaining items on your order.

Thank you for choosing Apple!

The Apple Store

so bassicly, I get:

1.) The latest and greates iPod, free of charge

2.) An additional 5GB of music storage

3.) A sooner ship by date! infact, My iPod is already shipped and I'll receive it tommarrow by noon!

So despite my depression towards buying the right product at the completely wrong time, I ended up making out like a bandit! to celebrate I orderd the remote and earbud kit, which, will also arrive tommarrow by noon!

And I still have

"Not found

No scan record for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service."

Most likely will stay like that till after I get it. Normally my luck with tracking.

guessing it might be because it is being shipped from somewhere in the state(hense the bleedin taxes they charged me)

I just rang them up, it will take a week and a half for it to get here. :(:(

They aint even on the mainland yet.

Really? :blink:

MY order quotes as saying ... On or before the 23rd... I can't imagine Apple wouldn't have iPods in the UK, this is one of the MAJOR markets for iPods... It would be different if it was the Mini scenario, where they weren't available, but they are... They gotta be here! *in denial*

I just rang them up, it will take a week and a half for it to get here. :(:(

They aint even on the mainland yet.

Grrr... Anyone know if this is the same for the iPod Mini? I got my "it's shipped!" email yesterday but the "Shipment Status" page for my order at applestore.bridge-point.com doesn't show anything for activity or location. Typing in the delivery numbers on the TNT (the courier company) web site shows nothing, either.

:(

i finally gave in and ordered the 20 gig ipod. $269 + tax with the college educational discount. i just did the free shipping...