iPod 4G vs 3G, quick review.

That would probably be because he still has the sticker over it :laugh:

Lol! Okay! It looks real! Anyway, I have never owned an iPod so I thought the sticker just covered the screen.

i didn't like the click wheels on the minis i saw. the circle piece was kinda loose, and didn't have that satin smooth feeling of the 3g. it felt more plastiky. maybe thats cuz it was on the demo floor, and probably gets abused. but i still like the looks of the 3g, even though the buttons are a pain to reach.

I didnt mean to sound like I was having ago at you soz I just get spirital about these things :laugh:

Thats okay, I just want to make the right choice when purchasing one :)

I think the orange buttons on the 3g look better..

I was hearing the battery life of the new 4g is about 8-10 hours, apple based the 12 hrs on low bitrate mp3's

Um they're red.

The screen. When I replaced my old 5giger with a 15gig 3G iPod a couple of days after they came out, I had the same greyish LED as you seem to have. When I got THAT one replaced (about a year after the 3G's came out) it had a nicer blue display. I think Apple uses different LED's in their first run of new iPods that are easier/quicker to manufacture (even though they buy them off of someone else) to keep up with sudden demand?

Who knows. Call Apple.

The screen. When I replaced my old 5giger with a 15gig 3G iPod a couple of days after they came out, I had the same greyish LED as you seem to have. When I got THAT one replaced (about a year after the 3G's came out) it had a nicer blue display. I think Apple uses different LED's in their first run of new iPods that are easier/quicker to manufacture (even though they buy them off of someone else) to keep up with sudden demand?

Who knows. Call Apple.

I know the iPods from China sport the blue-ish backlights.

I know the iPods from China sport the blue-ish backlights.

you are right the ones form China are White the ones from Taiwan are blue, also I just updated the preview to mention that the sound quality sounds better then on the 3G version.

I like the 4Gs mucccchhhh better. (I have a 10 gig 3G i got like a week after it came out)

1) Click wheel owns. Sometime i find the touch button way to hard to use. And does it matter that they have some moving parts. If the click wheel is like that of the minis it is moving. You physcially push the wheel down.

2) Longer Battery (YAY!!!)

Thats it , but huge pluses/

Who knows. Call Apple.

From what i've read it matters where the ipod is made. Chine = White lights , Taiwan = Blue lights. I don't know if thats true. Can someone please post where thier ipod is made and what color backlight you have

you are right the ones form China are White the ones from Taiwan are blue, also I just updated the preview to mention that the sound quality sounds better then on the 3G version.

Mine's from China and is blue. :rolleyes:

I've seen the 3g in real life, it is more of a darkish orange than red

how about; I have one and let me tell you it's RED, Mav the ones from China are blue too but not as blue as the ones from Taiwan just look at the picture I posted:

iPod5.jpg

Mine says on the back: Assembled in China - Its screen light is clearly white as white gets and its lights are orange. (I'm serious) I'm not trying to make anyone look bad lol - I have only had mine like 6 months so it could be that its just 50/50 what colour LED's you get... (I asked someone else here what colour they was after I said to myself that its white and orange and they said the same thing before I even said to them what I thought)

It's sort of dodgy how they released it and mentioned the utmost stupid features.. like "look we removed the buttons and put them on the circle" "oh yeah we now centered the earphone jack" LOL wtf , the only advantage over the old one is battery life and its slightly cheaper... other than that i duno.. and 1mm thiner? oh no it was probably those 4 buttons sticking out that caused that 1 mm difference lol