Watch Firefox's popup blocker be defeated!

Firefox's pop-up blocker works like this: if the page is loading, the pop-up block will stop ALL pop-ups, but AFTER the page finishes loading the pop-up blocker stops blcoking pop-ups.

BTW, I am usibng the official firefox 0.9 build and I don't get no pop-up.

I got this popunder on Firefox 0.9.2, so obviously it seems to be temperamental as to whether people recieve it or not.

Also, it sucks that this is a WONTFIX status bug... that means that all sites are now free to implement this as Firefox will not be updated to prevent the popup/popunder. Popup/Popunder advertising is morally wrong and has destroyed web browsing for many average people with IE - if this occurs with Firefox as well then that will suck big time.

I doubt Firefox will ever ship with Adblock by default, blacklisting the common advertising sites, so the situation is likely to only get worse. :no:

IE blocked a popup on the main site and protowall blocked the popup on the multimedia page :)

2004/07/24 23:17:24 [<-] BLOCKED [!] - Destination is paypopup.com (66.98.208.60) [Protocol: TCP - src: 3939 / dst: 80]

Not calling anyone a liar, but I visit this site a number of times with different settings and stuff and no pops. I tired it with adblock disable, no pop ups. I tried it with the latest nightly build (I have it installed separate) And again no pop ups. I visited this site with IE (google tool bar on) no pop ups. I finally got pop ups when I visited the site with IE with google bar disabled. only way I could get them to work. Just telling my story I'm not posting to start something with anyone. I believe you guys that say you are getting them even using FF. Hope this helps sort out the problem.

Not calling anyone a liar, but I visit this site a number of times with different settings and stuff and no pops. I tired it with adblock disable, no pop ups. I tried it with the latest nightly build (I have it installed separate) And again no pop ups. I visited this site with IE (google tool bar on) no pop ups. I finally got pop ups when I visited the site with IE with google bar disabled. only way I could get them to work. Just telling my story I'm not posting to start something with anyone. I believe you guys that say you are getting them even using FF. Hope this helps sort out the problem.

for IE, if you set your security settings a certain way, a pop-up wont even be launched and therefore the pop-up blocker wouldnt need to block it.

STV

no popup here

my google toolbar + ad-watch 3.0 combination blocked it haha

and im using IE6 SP1

firebird no thx i pass i see no big deal abt it

no popup here

my google toolbar + ad-watch 3.0 combination blocked it haha

and im using IE6 SP1

firebird no thx i pass i see no big deal abt it

stop trolling... This is not a Firefox Vs IE thread.

No pop-ups using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040727 Firefox/0.9.1+ (djeter)

Internet Explorer 6 SP2 (v.2162)

However, I did get a pop-up using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040726 (djeter)

Hmm... :ermm:

what's the point in reporting whether you get a popup or not? this site DOES open popups for some people. what more is there to discuss?

if you don't get a popup, try clicking some links. see?