[NFL] Ricky Williams to retire from the NFL

wow some how im not surprised. he has always been eccentric and this hurts that game for sure, definitely dolphin fans. reminds me of when robert smith left for no reason that a lot of people could understand, but they arent here to serve us so more power to 'em.

Hopefully it isn't true or else the Dolphins are going to be hurting this year.. (from the start, not just the end of the season)

/edit - didn't see the link, just the note at espn.com.. looks like he is done :(

one thing i hate about the boy rick williams is that in nfl street, he's the best player in the damn game. this is going to be an upset for the dolphins this year.

According to that article, Williams failed a drug test.

Sounds like he just wants to smoke the ganj and explore Europe instead of play football. :rofl:

no shxt.

that is crazy. is it official yet?

maybe miami shoulda signed george :p

all of a sudden he goes the barry sanders route! what a ######!

Don't even drag Barry Sanders name in the dirt like that! Let alone compare him to a guy you consider a "######"! :no:

I think he is going to pul a Michael Jordan, he's going to clean up his life and return to football in a year or two.

It's my fault actually. I have curse about killing careers with my fantasy football picks.

Vinny Testeverde (03)

Curtis Martin (03)

Keyshawn (I made him get fired it seems) (04)

Mike Alstott (04)

Drew Bledsoe (04)

Ricky Williams (04)

I am taking request for who you'd like to see screwed up this season... ;)

williams doesnt compare to sanders.. Plus sanders played more than just 5 seasons

Sanders played for almost 10 years I think. If I remember right, he quit becuase Detroit would trade him. He chose to walk than keep playing for a team that refused to get their **** right.