Slipstreaming Office 2003 Service Pack 1

Instead of running setup /a you could copy the cd contents to your hard drive, slipstream the SP and write everything to a new CD-R.

Then I either end up with an error about setup. But I think its coz some files on the CD are hidden.

Going to try again and see what I end up with :rolleyes:

I used the office 2003 resource kit to create a quiet installer that set up all of my options for Office 2003 Professional ( @ work ) This worked great! one of the reasons I love office 2003 is that it will keep the installation source local to the computer, so when the next user logs in, he/she won't have to pull the source cabs across the network... VERY nice....

Service pack one rolls along, so I did the setup.exe /a and did the administrative install point. Now when a user logs on, it begins to search for the install source.... which isn't what I had in mind, since regular users on this network dont have access to the source.....

If anyone could offer a hand of advice!

1 more note:

you might want to add instructions for updating the web componants of Disc 4 Project.

I couldn't find the web update for disc 4.. it wasn't included with the sp1 for it so I was a little confused.

My ISO comes out being this:

Name: office.2003.aio.iso

Size: 906 MB (950,132,736 bytes)

MD5 Hash: 68d323f50d7d93749d3e73fa9f920948

This was using the AIO Maker (All In One). PM me for information on getting the AIO Maker.

• 4 weeks later...
sp1 is only 72.1MB in total :blink:

It's the SP1 version of Office 2003, FrontPage 2003, Visio 2003, Project 2003, and OneNote 2003 all combined into an All in One package. This is why it's so large. It is strange that this one will not fit on a CD, whereas without the service pack it does, but you can still burn it to a DVD.

Yeah, all 4 Service Pack's I would accept adding on about 300MB but 400MB + seems quite worrying...in Slipstreaming it you would expect most files to be slipstreamed unless these are all new files needed for updates. Oh well we are all getting the same size so it doesn't matter...just buy a DVD burner and a few blanks :p

• 3 weeks later...