Slipstreaming Office 2003 Service Pack 1

I have tried installing Office straight from the source CD, where I get a dialogue asking if I want to check the web for additional updates and to cache the installation files.

When I try to use the slipstreamed version, only the option to check for updates is available.

I'd like to thank everyone for 15,000 views of this thread. I can only hope I've helped 15,000 people. I'd also like to thank Larney for all of his hard work and helpfulness in this thread. :)

584294510[/snapback]

Anytime, glad I could help. Cheers for the great guide and lets keep the work up :p

i noticed an error in the project guide

the files are extracted to Project2003SP1 yet in the run command u specify ProjectSP1 which causes the update not to work. Might be worth checking the others

Andy

i noticed an error in the project guide

the files are extracted to Project2003SP1 yet in the run command u specify ProjectSP1 which causes the update not to work. Might be worth checking the others

Andy

585333662[/snapback]

Nice catch.. I'm surprised no one else saw that, thanks.. updated (Y)

• 4 weeks later...

HELP A LAMER, PLEASE :rofl:

What am I missing? The slipstream worked perfectly! Thanks for the tutorial. I think I need to know the write settings for Roxio to burn the CD. I seem to be having long filename issues. Yes, I followed the instructions above including the shortfilenames=true command. I then followed steps from burning a Windows XP SP2 Slipstream using Roxio (relative to burn settings). The CD burnt, but no joy during installation. It comes up with missing file errors and won't continue.

I have googled a bunch, and I seem to be the only one missing something. Help is much appreciated!

This guide is only for slipstreaming Service Pack 1 updates into Office 2003 with no Service Pack. I'm sorry I am not completely following what you are trying to do here? Slipstream office into your XP Unattended CD maybe but we this guide is not for that matter. May I suggest trying to use Nero instead of Roxio for the matter of burning the CD/CD's as I find nero to never have a problem with filename lenghts but I am only talking about Office here.

Just to clarify - the windows xp reference was just another slipstreaming process I followed and I know windows has some of the file name issues as office, so i tried to use those same burn settings.

Thanks for the quick response. I am slipstreaming office, but it barked about path depths, etc. I tried again with UDF format and all other settings the same as before. It worked this time.

All is well now.

This guide is only for slipstreaming Service Pack 1 updates into Office 2003 with no Service Pack. I'm sorry I am not completely following what you are trying to do here? Slipstream office into your XP Unattended CD maybe but we this guide is not for that matter. May I suggest trying to use Nero instead of Roxio for the matter of burning the CD/CD's as I find nero to never have a problem with filename lenghts but I am only talking about Office here.

585482117[/snapback]