Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Update

woooot, tidying up stuff, checking for program updates ready for tomorrows format, now to thief a good avatar to use as my new windows display pic ;)

There's an article on all the fuss about sp2 on neowin tonight here Entmag.com no idea if this sites big, just found it while browsing.

Oh and does anybody no if microsoft have pulled all sp2 rc2 downloads?

I was just browsing filemirrors, and found a link to download sp2 from microsoft.com for sp2 dated today. Here's the Link if anyone wants to check it out. Though i doubt it is the final release, just seemed strange its still on their servers.

Edited by FluX

Hi!

Someone in this thread said that version that has/will be published today/tomorrow (etc) will be the final. If so... what's the difference between the SP2 that will be released on 5th (supposedly) and the one on the 25th? I mean, IT IS SO HARD TO PUBLISH IT ON WINDOWS UPDATE? 20 DAYS OF WORK????

Well, the version that (supposedly) will be avaiable this week will include redistributable version or just network install? I find network install toooo slow and not practical, and if you have to install it more than once or in more than one computer...

Well, THANKS EVERYBODY !!! :-)

^It will be the same version. The only difference is that it will hold it back from the less knowing people to see if any problems arouse after their website release.

If no problems occur, Windows Update will then show the update.