SP2 TCPIP.SYS

If it makes you happy install it. Most people don't need it, they will just apply it mindlessly because everyone keeps repeating how bad that new thing is without even knowing what it does. Instead of improving their situation they might actually make it worse.

But i guess sheeps don't listen to the voice of reason ;)

PS. This patch is especially bad because it removes it completely. If you really feel like you need to change sth. then at least get the one that changes the value to 30 or 50. Unlimited is definitely not recommended.

It would help your case if you would explain (in detail) how I don't need the 'fix'. Just stating you don't need it is not enough for technically minded people. I'm not a 'sheep' and want you to explain your position. If I don't need it, then I won't patch it. Tell me why I don't need it.

If it makes you happy install it. Most people don't need it, they will just apply it mindlessly because everyone keeps repeating how bad that new thing is without even knowing what it does. Instead of improving their situation they might actually make it worse.

But i guess sheeps don't listen to the voice of reason ;)

PS. This patch is especially bad because it removes it completely. If you really feel like you need to change sth. then at least get the one that changes the value to 30 or 50. Unlimited is definitely not recommended.

Some people even didn't realize that ADSL/Cable routers does exactly same thing.

For example, my Cisco 827H limits half open connections to 25 by default.

Cheers.

I just applied the patch... is there a way to test to see if it works???

Also my connection seems to be alot slower after I installed sp2 ... is anyone else experiencing this either/?/

Edited by hunterv69

I just applied the patch... is there a way to test to see if it works???

Yeah, i'd like ot know too. Just applied the patch :)

and why such a patch for a system file? doesn't the registry tweak fix this?

I believe you are talking about the tweak for HTTP connections aren't you?

Anyhow, am I right to assume this hampers p2ping? :huh: Can't think of anything else that would qualify.

That's a stupid fix. This limitation is actually a good thing and doesn't affect the average user AT ALL! But now all the people who don't need this fix will in a rush of panic (OMG need fix) apply it and make the world a less safe place. Most don't even understand how it works, it DOES NOT limit the connections.

Talk about sheeps ;)

You mean it took you so long to realise that most Neowinians aren't just average users? ;)

On kazaa lite ressurection (erm....i'm looking for umm freeware :ninja: ) i can only connect to 89,000 users (it used to be up to 3,000,000+.) I applied the 50 tcp/ip connections patch. Is the reason for the lack of users i can connect to due to even this many (50) being too little?

Can someone please explain if this limit affects Bittorrent/Kazaa/Edonkey networks? The way i understand it, it does because i think BT uses much more than 10 connections.

You mean it took you so long to realise that most Neowinians aren't just average users? ;)

Hehehe.... thats a good one.... :laugh:

YOU ARE RIGHT WE ARE NOT AVERAGE AT ALL !!! (a little strange perhaps) BUT CERTANLY NOT AVERAGE !!!

On kazaa lite ressurection (erm....i'm looking for umm freeware :ninja: ) i can only connect to 89,000 users (it used to be up to 3,000,000+.) I applied the 50 tcp/ip connections patch. Is the reason for the lack of users i can connect to due to even this many (50) being too little?

went back to sp1 there...now connecting to 2,900,564 users.

Hehehe.... thats a good one.... :laugh:

YOU ARE RIGHT WE ARE NOT AVERAGE AT ALL !!! (a little strange perhaps) BUT CERTANLY NOT AVERAGE !!!

:D

Anywho, with the 10 limit, it will cause problems on my end...

I believe you are talking about the tweak for HTTP connections aren't you?

Anyhow, am I right to assume this hampers p2ping? :huh: Can't think of anything else that would qualify.

Running a server.

hmmmmm............I'm getting a wrong file version...and I did run it in Safe mode.....anyone know why?

are you sure you applied the correct patch for the correct build of SP2 (2180 that is)