Sony N.U.D.E EX MDR-EX71SL

No! Stay away from the E2s.

why..

they're great, i bought them for 80. I should've bought them from the start instead of the crappy 71sl's which broke right after the stupid warranty expired

why..

they're great, i bought them for 80. I should've bought them from the start instead of the crappy 71sl's which broke right after the stupid warranty expired

They're extremely muddled with bloated bass.

I have the black version of these and in my opinion they are the best 'phones ive ever had. When using with mp3s and the like you will need high bitrates, as they show up the lower bitrates lossy quality. I would highly recommend them, and worth the money. The one thing i love is the little clip you get to protect the buds when not in use, that doubles up and tidys extra cable when in use.

I have these too (but the black version) and they're really good, sound quality is the best I've heard, a lot better then the standard cheapy ones you get and probably a good choice if you want good quality but you're not willing to spend stupid ammounts on them. They also cut out a lot of outside sound though it does take a bit to get used to and some sounds actually seem to be louder because of the seal (try putting your fingers in your ears and grinding your teeth).

With the cord extension its a bit too long though, and unless you have a remote then for most people it will be too short without it. The small protective case you get is also quite good though I just use it to keep the extra long cord tidy. I personally like the neck chain style of cord but some people don't and it does make letting someone else listen to one ear more difficult (though its probably not too hygenic with these headphones either).

The only real bad thing about them is that the changeable rubber/silicone buds on the headphones don't always stay on securely, I've lost a medium sized one and they're a pain to find somewhere that sells them, not too mention fairly expensive.

One thing I've noticed is they really cut out background noise. As a consequence I can't really wear them at work, with my old phones there was sufficient background noise to wear both buds, but now I can barely wear one :(

And from experience I've learnt it's not a good idea to cross roads wearing them. You can't talk to people with even one in either, it tends to make your own voice sound weird, and you can't hear them either, whereas with normal headphones you usually can even if it is a bit rude.

Not impossible. I keep mine in the apple stock case and it works like a charm, not a single scratch on it. Just remember to never put it on anything that might have dust/etc on it. Never let your friends handle it. And to always keep your nails cut.

:yes:

As long as it works, I don't care if there are scratches. Worrying about scratches too much just gives you a headache.:wacko:

Free your iPods!

Anyway, EX71s are the best thing I've bought for my iPod, even though mine are not white since I don't like to make a big number about my having an iPod.

bah, why does everything you buy get 50000 responses and comments but my 5 page laptop review gets... two?

do people not like reading? is it just that there are loads of pictures?

hehe, pics are worth a 1000 words :p

personally, i already have a laptop, and needed headphones, that why i'm in this thread and not yours. no hard feelings :)