[final] Longhorn Icons Set

Longhorn Icons Set v1.1 FINAL

40 real icons ripped from Longhorn build 4074

Since Microsoft released SP2 it's gonna be pretty much all hands on deck for Longhorn. With newer builds there will come new icons so I thought I would make this a final and release another LIS when the next build it leaked.

The Longhorn Icons Set (LIS) first began with 21 icons on the 25th of July 2004. In just over a month, it had almost doubled in amount of icons and had been downloaded 5,500+ times (and still counting!). It is the world's only Longhorn 4074 icons set.

Icons:

All icons come in 48x48 size; many come with 48x48 and 32x32 sizes; most come with 48x48 and 32x32 and 16x16 sizes; some come with 48x48 and 32x32 and 24x24 and 16x16 sizes; a couple come with 128x128 sizes.

The Longhorn Icons Set comes with the following Longhorn icons:

- My Computer

- Printer

- Help and Support

- Recycle Bin (empty)

- Recycle Bin (full)

- Control Panel

- Search

- Run

- Default Folder / My Documents

- Pictures and Video

- My Music

- Recent Documents

- Network Places

- Internet Explorer

- Hardware

- User ID

- Default CD

- CD Stack

- USB Device

- Documents Stack

- Longhorn "winflag"

- 3? Floppy

- Local Disk

- Users

- Clock

- Paint

- Set Program Access and Defaults

- Notepad

- Keyboard

- Mouse

- Calculator

- Avalon 1

- Avalon 2

- Avalon 3

- Avalon 4

- Avalon 5

- Games Folder

- Image file

- TXT file

(A total of 40 Longhorn icons)

Updates/releases:>

September 29th, 2004 - v1.1 FINAL 2

- Added real Notepad icon

- Renamed TXT file icon

August 28th, 2004 - v1.1 FINAL

- Replaced dll with single icon files (easier to use and apply)

-39> Longhorn 4074 icons included

August 26th, 2004 - v1.0g

- Added Image File icon

- Edited "clock" icon - now with 128x128 size

- Currently 39 Longhorn icons included

August 9th, 2004 - v1.0f

- Removed Portable Device icon, because I realised it's a WinXP icon not Longhorn

- Added Games Folder icon

- Re-aranged the icons, it's a bit neater now smile.gif

- Still 38 Longhorn icons included

August 5th, 2004 - v1.0e

- Added Notepad icon

- Added Keyboard icon

- Added Mouse icon

- Added Calculator icon

- Added 5 "Avalon" icons

- Currently 38 Longhorn icons included

August 3rd, 2004 - v1.0d

- Added Paint icon

- Added e-mail icon

- Added Set Program Access and Defaults icon

- Currently 29 Longhorn icons included

August 1st, 2004 - v1.0c

- Added 3? Floppy icon

- Added Local Disk icon

- Added Users icon

- Added Clock icon

- This new release also includes instructions on how to use the icons and the .dll file.

- Currently 26 Longhorn icons included

July 26th, 2004 - v1.0b

- Added Longhorn "winflag" icon

- Currently 22 Longhorn icons included

July 25th, 2004 - v1.0a RELEASE

- Released "Longhorn Icons set"

- Currently 21 Longhorn icons includedAdditional credits and special thanks:b>

Special thanks to Krezno, who provided me with the Paint, E-mail, Set Program Access and Defaults, Notepad, Keyboard, Mouse, Calculator, and all the Avalon icons.Screenshot:b>

lhrnicons-a.jpgDOWNLOAD:bDue to copyright violation, the LIS was removed from deviantART. And due to the risk of Microsoft taking legal action will I no longer distribute the LIS or any possible future versions. If you would like to obtain the LIS still, try PMing one of the members who posted in this topic who downloaded the LIS and kindly ask them if they could send you a cop:):) i>

Size: 916kb

File format: icons in .ico (standard windows icon), but package in .rar - you will need WinRAR.Disclaimer:b>

The icons included in the Longhorn icons set may be or are property of Microsoft corporation and are in no way property or owned by myself. If you would like to include the Longhorn Icons set with any of your work (eg. visual styles), please feel free to. However, if you do this you must include the rar file un-altered with original read me, screenshot and dll. Also if you choose to do this, please PM me and let me know what it's being included wit:):)

enjoy!);)

Edited by Cubiz

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free icon changer?

I love these icons, but I want more control.

And plz don't say 'Windows" cause I know of that :p

Durr.

i know theses are rip. But can you donate your work. I will be using it in a upcoming theme for xp
If you would like to include the Longhorn Icons set with any of your work (eg. visual styles), please feel free to. However, if you do this you must include the rar file un-altered with original read me, screenshot and dll. Also if you choose to do this, please PM me and let me know what it's being included with :)

Sure tktino - just include the rar file un-altered with read me and screenshot ;)

and << spam >>, iphile is pretty good for changing icons and it's free - google it.

Very nice! Question though - Why are some 128x128? I mean, I love them - but why not all? Curious .. :whistle:

Great work all involved!

Why are some 128x128? I mean, I love them - but why not all? Curious .. :whistle:

If I could they would all have 128x128 sizes, but like I said they are ripped from Longhorn so 128x128 for most of them mustn't exsist. :|

edit: just checked deviantART - 200+ downloads today alone! :woot: good job guys (Y)

you act like it was hard to get all those icons or something. look at the link in my sig. those icons have been there since that build of longhorn has been out.

If you like, I could set a mirror up for you, but erm, I cant exactly DL the icons.

Just email the Icon set here: admin@ebespace.biz and i'll set the mirror up (I already have LH 4074, so im not leeching)

mirror is needed! :(

I can mirror too i just need the .RAR someone send it to me.

I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server error when downloading

Hey, these are awesome but I can't download them. DeviantArt doesnt like me :@.

If anyone could archive them in something like icoshell32.dll and email the archive to me (aresxp@nbnet.nb.ca) it would be appreciated.

I can mirror them too :)