Logitech MX1000

I just got my September Popular Science magazine and they havea article on the new logitech mx1000 it looks really good, scans are coming soon unless thats against the rules

Wow nice, will it be part of a keyboard set also?? Is it rechargable??:woot:t:
Since it has a battery meter I bet it is rechargable. After all, why would they take away the best part of the MX700 (this is the successor)?
but it looks slightly more bulky than the mx700/500 series..
Hmm, it has side to side scrolling a la MS mice. I'm definitely going to get one of these when my Logitech iFeel finally dies (whenever that will be).

well i have the same pic pretty much in the magazine so i will tpye the text, my 2510 AIO isnt installed yet on my pc

"in an LED optical mouse, an image sensor reads reflected light to track movement. but dark or patterned surfaces blur some of the light, skewing accuracy. so logitech created the wireless mx1000, the first laser-powered optical mouse. it'll work on nearly any surface (except clear or mirrored ones) because returning light remains sharp., $80"

well i have the same pic pretty much in the magazine so i will tpye the text, my 2510 AIO isnt installed yet on my pc

"in an LED optical mouse, an image sensor reads reflected light to track movement. but dark or patterned surfaces blur some of the light, skewing accuracy. so logitech created the wireless mx1000, the first laser-powered optical mouse. it'll work on nearly any surface (except clear or mirrored ones) because returning light remains sharp., $80"

So it doesnt mention its bluetooth or RF ? About the MX engine ? DPI ? Megapixels ?

Appreciate you sharing the info with us. :cool:

If it runs on the MX510 engine with wireless then im sold :| I love my MX510 but the wire is annoying me. :| Dazzla, ill beat you to it! :D

Yeah right, I'll import it at all costs just to have it on my desktop :|

/dodges other question whilst firing lasers from his imaginary MX1000 :ninja:

I'll be buying one for sure. All the information I can find about it is that it's not bluetooth so it'll probably be some form of RF engine. Hope it's available soon.

hmm I'll have to see if their new keyboard will be cooler than MS's offering (which it probably will be). Looks like I'll have to give my MX700/elite kb to my other PC.