I think I have WMP 10 final!

edit: woops, i meant media player 10

can someone fix the subject of this post?

i feel dumb now

I have build 10.00.00.3646, and I think it's final....

is this the highest build out? if so - I'll tell ya how to get it through a stupid loophole that microsoft probably didn't see coming!!

REPLY ASAP - 'cause I gotta jet off to school soon

oh, here is a screenshot

8ezsteps.JPG

I'll tell ya how to get it through a stupid loophole that microsoft probably didn't see coming!!

That looks like the final, but its probably better to hear from someone on the Media Center 2005 Beta....Anyway what this little loophole that you've found and that Microsoft never saw coming..... :whistle:

sorry to tease you! I'm just so excited I finally have something to contribute here...

yay! I ROCK!!!

anyways, here is what I did:

first of all, I had the preview build, but then I got the leaked build that was just a bit newer than the preview build...

(i don't remember the build # - any help here?)

anyways, i opened the player today with the leaked build I was using, and it connected to the net automatically and downloaded the new services -

8.JPG

the services include wal-mart music, musicmatch, and some others...

well i decided to see what the musicnow one looked like, and it asked me to install some stuff...

i installed it and - guess what?!?

IT INSTALLED THE NEW VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER!!!

WOO HOO!!!

try it out, and let me know if it works (along with a "hey dude, thanks")

yay!

have fun!

sorry to tease you! I'm just so excited I finally have something to contribute here...

yay! I ROCK!!!

anyways, here is what I did:

first of all, I had the preview build, but then I got the leaked build that was just a bit newer than the preview build...

(i don't remember the build # - any help here?)

anyways, i opened the player today with the leaked build I was using, and it connected to the net automatically and downloaded the new services -

https://home.comcast.net/~thailer79/8.JPG

the services include wal-mart music, musicmatch, and some others...

well i decided to see what the musicnow one looked like, and it asked me to install some stuff...

i installed it and - guess what?!?

IT INSTALLED THE NEW VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER!!!

WOO HOO!!!

try it out, and let me know if it works (along with a "hey dude, thanks")

yay!

have fun!

WOOT!! thanks for telling me. I just did the same thing and it downloaded WMP 10 Final :)!!!

u shouldnt be happy at all your listening to alanis morrisette

Well, i happen to like her, and once when i met her - she was super cool.

and another time when i went to lunch with she and her band - she totally paid.

so i buy her albums...

oh and she hates bush! i hate bush too!

lol - what do you listen to?

Yea I suggest you do cause I found a bug already. So now I'm not sure if this is really final or not..

Build number is 3646

what bug did ya find - it's running smooth on my machine

this build was compiled on Aug 11, seems a little old to be final, but we'll see tomorrow, unless cream gives a definite yes/no before then.

Some one can rip the installer directory from %userprofile%\local settings\temp\. Mine was under the name IXP000.TMP but it looks like that name could vary. It's around 34MB in size. I'd up it, but uni policy prevents me from doing so, I also don't have anywhere to up it to.