WMP 10 is Released

that energy bliss takes up soo much system resources..!!! upto 90%+ cpu usage..!!!?!!?

Doesn't take up nearly that much for me, though it does seem a bit more resource heavy then other visulizations.

You cant install this on any machine other than Xp!? I managed to get around the setup message stating 'you must have windows xp nothing more nothing less blah' and i got around the .dll file error you get, but even then it still comes back as Media Playa 9 :-(

I think ill wait till i get home and install this on my windows XP machine... I didint realy care that i cant install it on a windows 2003 server anyway!!!

How do I get the album cover to appear on the Bliss Visualization? It just shows a CD case and the name of the CD

Just run CD that you've burn into your hard drive or original CD!

Or Microsoft dont know artist and track

The red x problem is lame, but if it's something you just can't live with then you might try a quick fix like I found. Drop down the little arrow next to the red x and choose Napster or one of the other services. When I did that, the accompanying icon took the place of the red x. On my system, the red x only appears when MSN Music Preview is selected. Worth a try.

To get *.m4a files to play in windows media player 10 you need to do the following...

Download the 3ivx codec and install

This isn't essential but you can edit the registry so that m4a files appear when you go to file>open without having to click on all files.

Start regedit by choosing run from the start menu and typing regedit. On the tree view on the left you'll need to descend to this key

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\Types

and click on it, then on the right you'll get a list of values representing the supported extensions of the different data types. Double click on the value "1" (the one for Audio files) and add whatever extensions you want, such as ;*.m4a;*.aac, so it should something like

*.wav;*.snd;*.au;*.aif;*.aifc;*.aiff;*.wma;*.mp3;*.m4a

I haven't found out how to enable adding m4a files to the media library yet, but i expect its not too hard.

You cant install this on any machine other than Xp!? I managed to get around the setup message stating 'you must have windows xp nothing more nothing less blah' and i got around the .dll file error you get, but even then it still comes back as Media Playa 9 :-(

I think ill wait till i get home and install this on my windows XP machine... I didint realy care that i cant install it on a windows 2003 server anyway!!!

Does iTunes install on 2003?