Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which K700i do you have?

• K700i/Vodafone Branded
    • K700i/02 Branded
    • K700i/Orange Branded
    • K700i/T Mobile Branded
    • K700i/Unbranded
    • K700i/Other(Over sea's versions and Networks)

Hi all, I have seen over the past few weeks that there has been quite a few threads asking questions about the Sony Ericsson K700i Phone. I have started this thread where you can discuss/ask questions about the K700i rather than starting a new thread users can search this thread to see if anyone has asked/answered the question they were going to post. Use this thread to post links/information anything you think other Neowin members will find useful. Tell other Neowin members where they can get the best deal on this superb phone.

Here are some of my useful links :

K700i Support

Firmware Overview

Online Update Service - Update your K700i Online. (At the moment it doesnt support 02/Vodafone branded phones). *Requires a Docking station.

A good resource for discussing Sony Ericsson Phones

Hays Technology Center

Unit 2A Appletree Road,

Chipping Warden,

Banbury,

Oxfordshire

OX17 1LL

Postal Address for repairing your K700i.

Fma (floats Mobile Agent) - A good program to manage your K700i.

Something odd happened with my k700i this morning.

I switched it on, and I got a txt from my mate - instead of it usually just beeping and showing the little message icon (in the orange menu, by scrolling up twice on the desktop) - it actually showed a picture of my mate which I had assigned to his number, and underneath it said 'text message received from Gibbo, read now?' - its NEVER done this before!! Does this happen to anyone else?

Wallpaper/theme I use is the Animated BMW M5 one - with the flashing headlights, it's most elite :D

I use Jet's Are you gonna be my girl as my ringtone.. sounds bloody good on the k700i

Does anyone know what size the wallpaper needs to be for the K700i. Maybe people could make some wallpapers and post them in here. I would like to see what other people have as wallpapers on there phones.

Mobile9 Gallery has alot of WPs, Themes, Ringtones and some games for the K700i + other models. :)

An official Theme Maker from SE can be found here. It requires registration, but SE has a great developers resource database, so it's worth it.. (Y)

I made a theme for my phone some time ago, but I'd like to share it with you guys now... :happy: (just remember where you saw it first.. :shifty:)

britneyse.png

Download. (75K)

It is out for pay as you go,

Tim

where in the uk then can i get this on pay as you go please?

and sim free does not count as pay as you go. that is like 300 quid for that

this is deffinately the better thing for the k700i this thread.. look on the main page.. lol hundreds of threads about the k700 :p

In the uk you can get this phone on pay as you go from:

Orange (?199.99)

thats all i could find, o2 dont do it and i dont think vodafone do.. but theres is so hard to navigate around:pp

Hi all, I have seen over the past few weeks that there has been quite a few threads asking questions about the Sony Ericsson K700i Phone. I have started this thread where you can discuss/ask questions about the K700i rather than starting a new thread users can search this thread to see if anyone has asked/answered the question they were going to post. Use this thread to post links/information anything you think other Neowin members will find useful. Tell other Neowin members where they can get the best deal on this superb phone.

Here are some of my useful links :

K700i Support

Firmware Overview

Online Update Service - Update your K700i Online. (At the moment it doesnt support 02/Vodafone branded phones). *Requires a Docking station.

A good resource for discussing Sony Ericsson Phones

Postal Address for repairing your K700i.

Fma (floats Mobile Agent) - A good program to manage your K700i.

LOL! I know Hays. I live in Banbury! :cool: ...Weird!!

What networks do people recommend.. i wouldn't mind going on O2 contract cos that has my kinda deal i want.. 500free txt's and 100mins for ?25 a month. But orange doesn't do something like that only 120mins and 250free txts for ?25 a month, which isn't as good... So ill probably go on O2 unless orange change there plan and prices.

Also do O2 phones come branded with the O2 logo on the bottom where it says Quickshare, i know orange ones do and i dont really want that i know on the o2 site it shows it without the o2 logo so i wil have to wait and se:p:p

course its better.

On the GPRS can u go on neowin and post forum posts and stuf?

Im achually started to turn towards the c500 but dislike the idea of sd cards

also can u get email and stuf, cheers

edit: how many megapixel is the camera of the k700i and does anyone have any examples of pics they have taken

edit: how many megapixel is the camera of the k700i and does anyone have any examples of pics they have taken

I beleive it is about 1.28 or simiar. Its definately over 1MP. I would post some pics but as I say I have just send my phone off for a firmware update.

No, not a megapixel phone, it physically only has a VGA camera (0.3 mp), the reason u can take picture upto 1280X*** is because K700 expanded the picture digitally. So physically it's a 0.3 mp phone, but softwarely it's a 1.* mp phone.