Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which K700i do you have?

• K700i/Vodafone Branded
    • K700i/02 Branded
    • K700i/Orange Branded
    • K700i/T Mobile Branded
    • K700i/Unbranded
    • K700i/Other(Over sea's versions and Networks)

Something odd happened with my k700i this morning.

I switched it on, and I got a txt from my mate - instead of it usually just beeping and showing the little message icon (in the orange menu, by scrolling up twice on the desktop) - it actually showed a picture of my mate which I had assigned to his number, and underneath it said 'text message received from Gibbo, read now?' - its NEVER done this before!! Does this happen to anyone else?

Hi u know the latest firmware for orange k700i, can u still not get the more function? And if I go into orange shop, how long will it take to update the phone?

Thanks

another good site to discuss k700 or cellphones in general for help /etc are howardforums.com

do you guys think getting a k700 in november will be too late? (wish i could but i cant afford the s700)

Yeah it is a good mobile, It will still be concidered one of the best in November. The price will have probabably dropped by November anyway. So yeah I would get it.

@n4rut0 : What do you mean it is so cheap on Vodafone. I got it free on a contract which costs me ?15.99 if thats what you mean.

i was goin to sign up for 3G plan in here the $79 talk cap but with LG mobile that cost me $19 per month (2 years contract)

but then my friend told me to get vodafone the same plan with k700i and also the same price per month (2 years contract too)

that's what i mean. ;)

Of course SOny Ericsson is much better. :D

I got a friend who has a spare dock, it was originally for a P900, I got it off him.

I used it, my K700i fitted fine in there. But I need the drivers for the dock, I used my K700i CD (which comes with the phone) but it had no drivers.

I think I will have to get my mates P900 CD, and install the drivers from that.

My phone looks nice in the silver dock ;)

Just updated my phone, a new thing i noticed (seemed no one really mentioned on the forum) the screen quality is much better, the backlit is brighter.

Yep, and video quality should be better too...

I was gonna set up WAP on my K700i but wanted to ask if GSM/CSD or GPRS would be cheaper. Is data sent even if you go to a new page?

one more thing, for the people who used the update online serice, how long did it take? mine is still on one page:

"Please wait...

Checking the installation of Sony Ericsson Update Service"

I was gonna set up WAP on my K700i but wanted to ask if GSM/CSD or GPRS would be cheaper. Is data sent even if you go to a new page?

one more thing, for the people who used the update online serice, how long did it take? mine is still on one page:

"Please wait...

Checking the installation of Sony Ericsson Update Service"

Which country are you in? If you are in the UK, and have free minutes I think wap is included in ur free minutes.

Some tariff includes GPRS data too. so...

answer to the second Q, did u have java installed?

Just updated my phone, a new thing i noticed (seemed no one really mentioned on the forum) the screen quality is much better, the backlit is brighter.

i just did it too, will see changes as time progresses.

I wanted to know why the phone doesnt synchronise with the dock. it doesnt even go on the settings. this is a p900 dock which I got off my mate. like this, i cant do jack with my phone, ie: upload stuff.

It always says:

post-55-1095874923.jpg

i hated the t610 but i got the t630 .. cause it looked cool as the black version ... anyway, since i need a new phone, i'm going to get a k700i ... and will see thata it has the firmware update ....

anyway my question .... when's the black version of this coming out ?? k700i in black .... bound to be as good a seller as the t630 was :D