Planning to dump IE? Think again

wanna get rid of IE ? follow my example :p .. at work we have this common desktop computer that every techs can use.

and we have some very dumb people at work ( saying dumb is an under statement )

I installed Firefox in that PC and removed IE icon from everywhere .. I had this Firefow wallpaper that says "it is a Browser" but still many people got all ****ed coz they couldn't find the "Blue E" icon anywhere.

So I changed FireFox icon to our mighty "Blue E" icon, changed the theme so it looks almost like IE then copied the profile to all users folder.

And thats it .. everyone is happy now. :D

Never liked Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, MyIE2, or anything else. Oh ya and Netscape, forgot about that POS.. lol

I'm still with IE6 and I never had issues with it. My 2cents.

For those sites that don't work with IE there is a simple solution:

The user agent switcher extension http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/

That way you can fool them sites by saying you are using IE (or something else you put in there ;) )

Stay safe, use Firefox.

Thanks for that link (Y).. did a little test with it at http://www.asetek.com/ .. worked perfectly :happy:

definatly gonna save me some time

all windows updates can be downloaded viw automatic updates in windows, no ie needed.

firefox/mozilla is the better browser oh and i use macs too so safari gets my vote although it doesnt count as much :p

Umm I can see PNGs with my IE version, wheres your head at :rolleyes:

Transparent PNGs.

How is this even BPN? I've been telling this to people for ages. If you don't want to use IE for Windows Update, use the Automatic Update feature and you're laughing.

FIrefox works great with MSNBC and all other sites I visit. And if developers follow the standard their pages will work with all browsers that FOLLOW the standard. Just that simple.

By publicly talking about what you think is wrong with IE you are giving them everything they need to develope the next generation of thier browser. What the complaints have done is something the "alternative" users never intended for. They have given Microsoft the information and ideas that they need to ensure thier browser is and always will be the market leader.

So the next time you complain about IE and it's security issues, I thank you.

The next time you complain about it's lack of features, I thank you.

The next time you complain about it's html standards, well, I can't be certain on that one. :whistle: but I thank you anyway.

Becouse I know, that down the road in the not too distant future, I will be using a browser that will be faster, stronger and more feature rich than anything else on the market.

and I owe it all to you.

Thank you

And the next time you think twice before posting mindless drival I will thank you, thank you for pointing out that microsoft employees sit on neowinall day, waiting for people to complain about IE so they can improveit(maybe this is why Longhorn is being delayed), after all we're all against better market competition, and companies improving products.