Explorer.exe

This is my Explorer.exe Menu 205 I added the Run Box to it.

205 MENU

LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US

{

POPUP ""

{

MENUITEM "&Adjust Date/Time", 408

MENUITEM "&Customize Notifications...", 421

MENUITEM SEPARATOR

MENUITEM "Ca&scade Windows", 403

MENUITEM "&Show the Desktop", 407

MENUITEM "&Undo", 416

MENUITEM SEPARATOR

MENUITEM "&Run...", 401

MENUITEM "Tas&k Manager", 420

MENUITEM SEPARATOR

MENUITEM "&Lock the Taskbar", 424

MENUITEM "P&roperties", 413

}

}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I personally detest hackers, so don't hack.

I am not attacking you but go educate yourself, hackers are not crackers, and I suspect crackers is what you are refering to.

Not your fault really a common misconception.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I'm new here... this seems like an older topic but I found it searching for some things, and I decided to sign up so here go my two cents:

There's two main things to deal with when it comes to the file manager system:

a) in windows, explorer.exe is the engine that both runs IE and runs your folder windows. When it comes to making your pc/laptop desktop look better or function different on the whole what you can do, rather than edit explorer, is to do a shell replacement, for that you can use something like litestep, which is a free, open shell replacement.

PROS: More of a cosmetic change really, you can make your own shell mods, download tons of extensions, play with a lot of the interface to suit your liking, and for the most part you don't have to deal with code if all you're looking for is a good looking stable shell and to set up plug ins, you obviously need some expe3rience if you want to create your own custom shell on the litestep engine. Also: watch out for the themes, they're user made and they can be finicky to downright unstable. Not everyone follows procedure or does extended testing, and some are just made to "look good."

c) Even if you change your shell, which can have an effect on system resources (litestep runs on less than explorer, is more stable depending on theme, is highly customizable) your file manager will still be explorer.exe, which means that when you open a file browser window it'll look like the same old file browser window. This is where you can either edit explorer as suggested in this topic (again, risky business) or find a file manager replacement, they made, though I have to say, I've had a hard time finding a really good one (most of them are $). You can try Universal Explorer from spadix software. Very stable, feature rich, definitely a good buy if you want to replace explorer with something that has a lot of functions (ftp, archive, find/replace in files, etc). http://www.spadixbd.com/universal/index.htm

Means you need less other programs running, and those programs are integrated with the file manager service. Definitely recommend the trial to see if does what you need it to how you need it. More overhead on the whole perhaps, but could stream line other processes.

Anyone else know of good Windows File Manager replacements? Maybe a minimalist file manager the opposite of Universal.

• 5 months later...
I am not attacking you but go educate yourself, hackers are not crackers, and I suspect crackers is what you are refering to.

Not your fault really a common misconception.

Arrogant, much? Do you even know what the point of hacking is? It's so that the user can customize every single aspect of the program they use so it works at its optimum level. Next time, have the decency to actually write something useful. You are in a tech forum and people already know what a hacker and a cracker is.

guys, deleting some resources from explorer will NOT make your windows performe magically much better, nor will it have a lot of effect on the memory usage of explorer. In fact, it most probably will not have positive effects at all.

• 5 months later...

alot of stuff gets hooked to explorer and cleaning all what you dont use/dont have will help prevent the shell from crashing or hanging if it happens but be careful what you unhook from explorer(dont remove any ms stuff from it,while memory usage may not go down the stability of the shell may improve slightly.