[Review] Logitech z-5500

I have them for more than 6 months now, and I don't have any hiss or humm from the speakers or sub.

I was using a SoundBlaster Audigy2 and now X-Fi.

I'm connected with coax and 6ch direct. They are just wonderfull speakers for game, movie and music.

:cool:

I guess I could be proved wrong, did you run 2 PCI sound cards at once? Or 1 PCI sound card along with your onboard sound from your motherboard? I've tried running my Audigy 2 ZS along with my onboard AC'97 sound and I found that the AC'97 would auto disable when the Audigy was inserted. And I guess the final point to my reasoning is that in bios settings the onboard sound has 2 options, "Auto" or "Disabled", there is no "Enabled" option making it permanetly stay on.

Onboard AC97, and SB Live 5.1! Digital...

There really aint no point to it though, windows can only ouput to one soundcard, and now i have my x-fi platinum, well theres just no point..

come to think of it, i could run 3 sound cards now... :shiftyninja:

definately a redundant post here, but for the sake of me searching through 850+ pages i'll risk it...

if connecting directly to a DVD player for Home Theater use only, the best possible method is via quality RCA comps right?

With that said, I know Monster makes some killer quality stuff, but is there another way to go?

gracias,

karson

Well, I have these speakers, and I am only able to use analog with my motherboard, (Asus P5Gd2 Premium). It has optical and coaxl, but my motherboard uses cmedia, and it uses its own decoder or something. So there is a delay with every piece of sound, short sounds dont get played, and when there is no sound, it says no digital data untill its played, and it says digital., and with analoug it works perfect. I have called both logitech and asus, and no help. Can someone please help me beause my motherboard costed lots, lol, and i wanna use its sound card. Thank you

Hi all, new here...

I am expecting to recieve the Logitech Z-5500's this week.

My sound card is the SB Live Value. Is this enough to fully

run this system, do you think?

I really don't want to spend 200.00 on a card and my mobo

is just pci or agp. Not pci 2.1 or express :(

Thanks for any help!

Would these beauties work with a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS?

I have an OEM version of this card, but I don't have the external box thing, just the card.

I've had my Logitech Z3's for a good while now, and have been thinking about getting some 5.1 speakers for ages, and these are really tempting me.

Gotta be sure It'd work though.

TIA :)

Would these beauties work with a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS?

I have an OEM version of this card, but I don't have the external box thing, just the card.

I've had my Logitech Z3's for a good while now, and have been thinking about getting some 5.1 speakers for ages, and these are really tempting me.

Gotta be sure It'd work though.

TIA :)

yes it works with the SB Audigy 2 ZS. Just connect it the speakers to the cable you get with the card.

yes it works with the SB Audigy 2 ZS. Just connect it the speakers to the cable you get with the card.

Hey Ohwhyme, thanks for the reply.

I just thought I'd post a pic of the back of my Audigy 2 ZS to confirm. It's not the retail version. It's missing one of the connectors (Firewire possibly?)

pict02968ch.th.jpg

I'm a total n00b with audio stuff. My Z3s just have a single jack that I plug into the green socket.

Reading through this thread, theres alot of talk about COAX cables, optical stuff and splitters.

Whats all this about? Would I need to get a splitter of any kind (links would be greatly appreciated).

I don't know as theres any optical output on the card, and as I say, I don't have the "unit" with it. Though it's definately an Audigy 2 ZS, says so on the PCB, IC on the board and in device manager.

I assume I would have everything needed to get it setup properly with my setup in the box also?

Cheers!

hey guys first post here

I just bought myself these speakers and I've got a couple of queries about my new speakers before these speakers i had a 2.1 logitech system it was great but it was time to upgrade

well i did and im worried that there is something wrong with them because i can run the volume at FULL tilt but to me it doesnt sound that loud i mean its loud, but im worried because i here people saying they dont turn it up past a cerrtain volume because its just to loud also i am running the sub on full as well i thought before i bought and by looking at the rediculous size of the thing it would be louder.

:(

im running it into an audigy2 nx and it is set up using the standard cable 6 ch direct

i have also read this entire thread and felt a similar situation to a previous poster the sounds not bad in any way crystal clear but i though over all it would be louder more impact (making my house shake apart loud) do i have anything to be worried about???? or am i just expecting a bit to much?

any help appreciated

hey guys first post here

I just bought myself these speakers and I've got a couple of queries about my new speakers before these speakers i had a 2.1 logitech system it was great but it was time to upgrade

well i did and im worried that there is something wrong with them because i can run the volume at FULL tilt but to me it doesnt sound that loud i mean its loud, but im worried because i here people saying they dont turn it up past a cerrtain volume because its just to loud also i am running the sub on full as well i thought before i bought and by looking at the rediculous size of the thing it would be louder.

:(

im running it into an audigy2 nx and it is set up using the standard cable 6 ch direct

i have also read this entire thread and felt a similar situation to a previous poster the sounds not bad in any way crystal clear but i though over all it would be louder more impact (making my house shake apart loud) do i have anything to be worried about???? or am i just expecting a bit to much?

any help appreciated

I just got my speakers, and not yet have a sound card worth bragging about. So I used my onboard audio for now. When i connected it via 6 channel direct cables included in the box, it was loud, but like you said some what disappointing. Then I bought a Coaxial Digital cable, and it really improved the sound and made it noticeably louder. So you might want to get a coaxial or Fiber optic cable and see if that improves your performance.