FireFox or Opera ?

578 members have voted

1. 1. FireFox or Opera ?

• Firefox
    • Opera

What do you think guys, i need prefromance comments, i know that opera costs money and ff is free but i need some comments on the prefromance ( ex: mem usage, speed ) ... many thanks in advance :)

dont listen to these idiots

opera loads faster, opens sites faster, uses less ram, uses less cpu, has mouse gestures, etc etc etc

its way better than firefox

these trolls love firefox cause its free and open source

If you are going to say only "firefox" please leave the post to yourself, i said i need reasoning.. thanks for the comment mystmaster but its a little harsh, waiting for other comments ^_^

dont listen to these *****

584793279[/snapback]

Who is the troll! :angry:

I suggest you try out both. Some like Firefox, while others like Opera! ;)

yeah firefox, your fanboy here forgot to mention the barrage of webpages opera doesnt load properly

and youd be suprised how many things it doenst load properly you dontnotice but will screw you up

i was an opera user for years until i discovered the web with firefox, will NEVER go back

Firefox - because with the number of extensions out there it is incredibly customisable with as many or as few features as you want.

For example the gmail notifier and the sage rss reader from www.extensionsmirror.nl

If you want the lowest memory footprint, best compatability, and best performance, the clear choice is Internet Explorer. If you're on a Mac, then Safari is your best option. On Linux, Konqueror is my choice though it's a more level playing field there.

If you want features as well I would recommend Maxthon or Avant Browser.

opera loads faster, opens sites faster, uses less ram, uses less cpu, has mouse gestures, etc etc etc

584793279[/snapback]

opera opens like a second faster,sites are opened at the same speed on both,and there are mouse gestures extensions for firefox.

way better than firefox?i dont think so ;)

dont call us trollers when the only troll here is yourself

quit being retards

opera CLEARLY opens pages faster, it uses less ram, less cpu, loads faster, its gui is more responsive, its got features like mouse gestures without adding on bloated addons, it looks better, it can save your windows open as a group, it can reopen closed windows (alt z)

opera is better.

Firefox - because with the number of extensions out there it is incredibly customisable with as many or as few features as you want.

For example the gmail notifier and the sage rss reader from www.extensionsmirror.nl

584793309[/snapback]

True!... Go firefox!...

back off u fanboys, go cry on bill's lap!

quit being retards

opera CLEARLY opens pages faster, it uses less ram, less cpu, loads faster, its gui is more responsive, its got features like mouse gestures without adding on bloated addons, it looks better, it can save your windows open as a group, it can reopen closed windows (alt z)

opera is better.

584793410[/snapback]

tabbrowser extensions can open your last session, and open closed tabs

you can also save all the windows that are opened as a group without any extension

oh,so now we are retards instead of idiots :sleep:

at least us retards/idiots dont waste 39 USD in a browser when you can have the same thing for free :rolleyes:

If you want the lowest memory footprint, best compatability, and best performance, the clear choice is Internet Explorer.  If you're on a Mac, then Safari is your best option.  On Linux, Konqueror is my choice though it's a more level playing field there.

If you want features as well I would recommend Maxthon or Avant Browser.

584793358[/snapback]

Internet Explorer is faster on Windows than Firefox, but definitely not as compatible. Many sites are switching to true standards and Internet Explorer has trouble displaying real standard code that's also advanced.

I would also say Firefox is ten times better than Opera. Opera is not good at being compatible, while Firefox is. Also, Firefox definitely has a lighter, better-looking interface. Not to mention you can customize it quite a bit using CSS.

584793279[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself. (Y) :yes:

Firefox is better, it's free and open source.

584793279[/snapback]

yeah.....considering Opera is at 7.54 and Firefox at 1.0PR....you really prove your point... :rolleyes:

Sure....Opera might have more feature, but it took 7 version for them to get it right, I'm not saying Opera is not good, I use both Opera and Firefox, but I have to say Firefox is better, Why?...it's easier to use, it's not very complicated, all the extension and theme available to it, and its of corse open source. I'm not saying Opera is not worth the money, I'm just saying if someday you do need to by for firefox, I'll be more willing to pay for it than opera...

quit being retards

opera is better.

Urrrrr , just for your information.

Opera --> 7.54

Firefox --> 1.0 Preview Release

I think (and hope) the message is obvious enough

EDIT: lol the same thing was posted while i'm typing up this reply :-P

firefox - no ads in ANY version, and if you really want mouse gestures or whatever there's probably already an extension (or several) that'll do what you want. you can also customize the interface to have as little or as much crap as you want.

Urrrrr , just for your information.

Opera --> 7.54

Firefox --> 1.0 Preview Release

I think (and hope) the message is obvious enough

EDIT: lol the same thing was posted while i'm typing up this reply :-P

584793599[/snapback]

lol....great minds think alike... :laugh: :laugh:

lol....great minds think alike... :laugh:  :laugh:

584793609[/snapback]

:p

I have both of them on my comp, i primarily use Firefox tho.

I'm not saying Opera is bad, its rendering speed is impressive. it's the UI i don't really like, Firefox's UI is cleaner.

On the other hand, because Firefox's opensource, people can download the source and compile optimized builds (and apply pathces that can optimize the performance further), which (definitely and obviously) are faster than the official builds. Yes I have proof, I myself is an unofficial builder ;)