Youth Find More Truth in Eminem Than Bush

Americans don't care what Europe thinks of them and believe their children find more truth in Eminem's lyrics than the speeches of George Bush.

Those are the conclusions of an online poll of more than 1,000 people that reveals an insular, parochial nation which is growing ever more cynical about its own legislators and opinion-formers.

Remarkably, 53% agreed that "America's youth find more 'truth' in Eminem's lyrics than in President Bush's speeches', according to the survey conducted by the New York advertising agency Euro RSCG.

Even though the lyrics of Eminem, a white rapper, have been branded homophobic and misogynistic, only 19% disagreed with the statement. Among 18- to 24-year-olds, almost two-thirds of respondents believed that Eminem was more truthful.

Mr Bush has traditionally scored well on trust but recent polls show that his credibility has been diminished by the failure to find weapons of mass destruction and false statements made in his state of the union speech about Iraq's attempts to procure nuclear weapons material from Niger.

Rest of article.

"Americans don't care what Europe thinks of them and believe their children find more truth in Eminem's lyrics than the speeches of George Bush."

That might actually be true, sadly enough. :(

F Eminem and most of all, F Bush.

Even sadder they believe his lyrics more than Bush, even though that can be considered true. No rapper should have more credibility than a president, but Bush is just different.

Here's an excerpt from Eminem's new song named "Mosh" aimed at Bush:

Maybe we can reach Al Quaida through my speech

Let the President answer on high anarchy

Strap him with AK-47, let him go

Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way

No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil

No more psychological warfare to trick us to think that we ain't loyal

If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero

Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes

They've been swiped, washed out and wiped,

Even sadder they believe his lyrics more than Bush, even though that can be considered true.  No rapper should have more credibility than a president, but Bush is just different.

Here's an excerpt from Eminem's new song named "Mosh" aimed at Bush:

584806247[/snapback]

Wow, Eminem just made himself shine in my view. Guess he's not so bad after all. Bush on the other hand can just die. Seriously, I hope he chokes on another pretzel.

Save your attacks, "moralistic" Bushies. I stand by my claims.

Here's an interesting interview The Rolling Stones had with Eminem. Again, this is an excerpt from the magazine being released on November 5th.

Eminem's upcoming album, Encore, due November 16th, features the fierce anti-Bush song "Mosh," which was leaked online today.

In the Dr. Dre-produced track, the rapper denounces the war in Iraq. "Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell," Eminem raps. "We gonna let him know/Stomp, push, shove, mush, f**k Bush!/Until they bring our troops home." Later in the song, he adds, "Let the president answer on higher anarchy/Strap him with an AK-47, let him go fight his own war/Let him impress daddy that way . . . No more blood for oil."

"[bush]has been painted to be this hero, and he's got our troops over there dying for no reason," says Eminem in an upcoming Rolling Stone cover story (on stands November 5th). "I think he started a mess . . . He jumped the gun, and he ****** up so bad he doesn't know what to do right now . . . We got young people over there dyin', kids in their teens, early twenties that should have futures ahead of them. And for what? It seems like a Vietnam 2. Bin Laden attacked us, and we attacked Saddam. Explain why that is. Give us some answers."

The thirty-two-year-old rapper says he has registered to vote for the first time -- but stops short of endorsing a candidate. "Whatever my decision is, I would like to see Bush out of office," Eminem says. "I don't wanna see my little brother get drafted -- he just turned eighteen. People think their votes don't count, but people need to get out and vote. Every mother****in' vote counts."

Link

unlike true pollsters (most all of which use varying scientific sampling methods and still aren't always accurate) this was an online poll. hardly something worthy of an article or beyond being skewed. maybe i should start submitting articles to the Guardian about my blog polls. after their printing an assassin request against Bush it seems they'll print anything.

Mr. Adonai and Mr. JK1150, just because the article doesn't talk good about Bush, doesn't mean it is false. If you have nothing constructive to say but to talk bad about it because it doesn't benefit you, then don't comment at all. I merely posted this because I find it astonishing along with others in this forum.

Not for nothing, I'd probably give more credibility to an Eminem rhyme than a Bush speech. Bush is a politician. They talk in circles. Eminem doens't have to cover his ass and be politically correct. Agree with him or not, I'd give his words more credibility.

Even though the lyrics of Eminem, a white rapper, have been branded

584806223[/snapback]

am i the only that thinks this line was very unnecessary... why do they have to include the word "white"? how come they never add the word "black" when its a black rapper? anyways..

Wow, Eminem just made himself shine in my view. Guess he's not so bad after all. Bush on the other hand can just die. Seriously, I hope he chokes on another pretzel.

Save your attacks, "moralistic" Bushies. I stand by my claims.

584806326[/snapback]

he didn't choke on a pretzel, he was drunk.

Their both all bull sh*t as far as I am concerned. At least Eminem has had the occasional entertaining music video, and let me enforce the word "occasional".

Mr. Adonai and Mr. JK1150, just because the article doesn't talk good about Bush, doesn't mean it is false.  If you have nothing constructive to say but to talk bad about it because it doesn't benefit you, then don't comment at all.  I merely posted this because I find it astonishing along with others in this forum.

584806577[/snapback]

And obversely just because it trashes Bush is no reason to shout with glee from the rooftops. We have a highly questionable poll (name a polling company that polls online), from a biased British newspaper, purporting to know what American teenagers think. Get real

Mr. Adonai and Mr. JK1150, just because the article doesn't talk good about Bush, doesn't mean it is false.  If you have nothing constructive to say but to talk bad about it because it doesn't benefit you, then don't comment at all.  I merely posted this because I find it astonishing along with others in this forum.

584806577[/snapback]

Forget trying to tell them that, Bush could slaughter ****en babies and he'll still be a god to them.

Forget trying to tell them that, Bush could slaughter ****en babies and he'll still be a god to them.

584806657[/snapback]

Actually that would be Kerry that's pro-baby slaughtering. Please follow the issues closer. ;)

584806657[/snapback]

Thats true, Bush has worked them over pretty good. If Bush keeps going the way he is we will have to update their name from "Bush supporters" to "evil cult following".

I find eminem the greatest rapper living at the moment, and I absolutely love his music... His album is the only one i'll actually find worth buying... but with the last few songs that he put out, and this pro-democratic/anti-bush mix tape he's putting out, it's a huge turn off. everyone i know who likes eminem disagrees with what he is saying, and what he is doing (in terms of being political in his songs.)

if he keeps it up, i wont buy his album, and i'll stop listening to his music...

but to the issue, it's true that kids listen to him, as well as other entertainers and stars... that's why they are doing what they are doing, because kids listen to them... and it's really really sad that people will base their decision because of what eminem says....

but to the issue, it's true that kids listen to him, as well as other entertainers and stars... that's why they are doing what they are doing, because kids listen to them... and it's really really sad that people will base their decision because of what eminem says....

584806697[/snapback]

They never said people were claiming to base their decision on what he says. They simply said they believe him more than Bush. While he dislikes Bush, he doesn't endorse Kerry directly. If he came out and said "vote for Kerry" or "vote for Nader" then I would disagree, but he's not. He is simply voicing his opinion on a matter.

I find eminem the greatest rapper living at the moment, and I absolutely love his music... His album is the only one i'll actually find worth buying... but with the last few songs that he put out, and this pro-democratic/anti-bush mix tape he's putting out, it's a huge turn off.  everyone i know who likes eminem disagrees with what he is saying, and what he is doing (in terms of being political in his songs.)

584806697[/snapback]

Freedom of speech my friend, isn't it great?

Actually that would be Kerry that's pro-baby slaughtering. Please follow the issues closer.
If you want to talk about this, stick to the Presidential Election thread just above.

I have a friend who is an avid Bush supporter and dear god if you start talking about Bush. He'll get ready to start fighting.

And obversely just because it trashes Bush is no reason to shout with glee from the rooftops.

Who the hell is shouting from rooftops? I didn't post this thread to bash Bush, I just posted it because I found it astonishing that they believe a rapper more than their leader. Don't like it? Click Neowin.net to your top left and don't deal with it.

So - here is an interesting point... Eminem for President? ;)

I'd vote for him over Bush and Kerry.

584806914[/snapback]

:huh:

I'd vote him over Bush :yes:

Freedom of speech my friend, isn't it great?

If you want to talk about this, stick to the Presidential Election thread just above.

I have a friend who is an avid Bush supporter and dear god if you start talking about Bush.  He'll get ready to start fighting.

Who the hell is shouting from rooftops?  I didn't post this thread to bash Bush, I just posted it because I found it astonishing that they believe a rapper more than their leader.  Don't like it?  Click Neowin.net to your top left and don't deal with it.

584806867[/snapback]

my we are touchy aren't we. I would be too if I were feeling the pressure of 7 days left.

I replied to what I was accused of, stop pretending to be an admin, you're not.

And your friend is relevant to the conversation how?

The question is, who is this they that the poll claims? There is no evidence of them, no locations, no nothing. Given the Guardians track record, failed letter-writing campaign and obvious disdain for the Bush Administration, I wouldn't put it past them to simply make it up. They've certainly not provided any evidence to the contrary.

Edited by adonai

Actually that would be Kerry that's pro-baby slaughtering.  Please follow the issues closer.  ;)

584806672[/snapback]

ya bush uses smart bombs, not abortions to kill kids :pinch: