Yasser Arafat Discussion

PARIS (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat is dead, senior Palestinian political sources said on Tuesday.

The information from sources close to Arafat could not immediately be confirmed.

"He is dead," one of the sources close to Arafat said in Paris, where Arafat has been lying in a coma at a French hospital. Officials in the West Bank said they had not been informed that Arafat was dead.

Source

Indeed.

Pfft - why?  We have more important reasons to be ashamed.  Our beer culture for one, and the fact that we are one of the biggest crapholes in the world.

Um... 'Aw shucks' as well probably.  I think he's already dead tho.

584891383[/snapback]

Well there is them reasons too :p

hahaha some people just dont know their history..

ARAFT = / Was a terrorist. He was the founder of the PLO a terrorgroup DUH

he turned "good" for the sake of "his" palestine

Ghandi... oh yea cause he went and strapped bombs to himself and blew the brits up for freedom. Its not like he was a pascifist or anything. Think before you speak dumbass.

584891377[/snapback]

I'm not talking about thier methods. I'm talking about thier end goals. They both want/wanted independence and peace.

Ghandi would have been defined as a terrorist by the British aswell. He opposed thier rule and created chaos, yet now hes seen as a hero.

Edited by Joel

The Isrealis dont target civilians. You don't see them blowing up buses, clubs, and schools.

584891418[/snapback]

Yes thats because they've got one of the most sophisticated armies in the world.... :rolleyes:

Doubt the palestinians have much room for clubs...

I'm not talking about thier methods. I'm talking about thier end goals. They both want/wanted independence and peace.

Ghandi would have been defined as a terrorist by the British aswell. He opposed thier rule and created chaos, yet now hes seen as a hero.

584891411[/snapback]

Oh yes the Isreali's are really persecuting those poor poor arabs.

Edited by Joel

Request that this is moved to Real World Issues so that its kept out of the top 10 topics on the front page?